Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hey guys. As usual, the holes in my brain filled with nostalgia again pour their contents from themselves, yet forget to label what they have despensed. 2 Questions, but both relate.

1) I remember a game I used to play, that was pretty good...and I'd love it added here, but I dunno the name, nor if it's abandonware...It was I think an Adventure game, but one of those where you couldn't see yourself (I think)...It was themed around a time machine, and I think the name HAD "Time Machine" in it. I'll make a list of things I remember, and things I THINK I remember hehe..

It HAD:
Money you used was called duckets (ducets?) Rhymed with buckets.
It had a time machine theme to it.
You were a kid/teen, and one of the people you knew (main NPC) was your father/uncle/friend, but it was an adult.
It wasn't a game for small children. It had hard puzzles, and needed some knowledge of history that an elementry school child wouldn't know...though an elementry school kid MAY be able to play it...like maybe a 4th or 5th grader)

I THINK it HAD:
The setting was British I think. (I remember seeing British cops...I think)
I think you had to save the owner of the time machine....
The title might have been "Incredible Time Machine, Uncle <someone's> time Machine, Time Machine, Dad's Time Machine, or something....)
It may NOT have had Time Machine in the title, but im pretty sure it did.
(remember, these aren't for CERTIAN)

2) This game was on a CD with other games, but I think they were all shareware demos. If ANYONE knows this game, can anyone tell me what CD it was on?
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 09-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmm, This game perhaps??
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 09-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

It always helps if you say the year it was released or you first played it. Don't know this game though.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 09-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Yah, I was hoping to remember the time after sitting here and thinking about it for a while. I'd say it's (graphiclly) along middle to early ninties.

It's not that one Raffles, thanks for the try though! The graphics weren't cartoony. they were along the lines of Eric the Unready (but it wasn't a text adventure) but a LITTLE less realistic.

And it was an adventure game, I THINK a point and click, and the puzzles were Myst-esque.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 10-09-2005, 02:34 AM   #5
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

That sounds alot like a older game I still got. Was It The Journeyman Project (Turbo)?

http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=th...rneyman+project
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 10-09-2005, 03:29 AM   #6
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Naaaah. Great game, but it wasn't Journeyman Project. It wasn't futuristic. The setting was british 1930 I think. It could have been modern time, traveled back to early Britian, or it could be..Eh I can't remember heh. The graphics weren't cartoony, but they were obviously cartoon drawn, if that makes sense. The grraphics were along the lines of Spellcasting 101 and Eric the Unready, as far as "cartoon'ness" but they were a little better. Man, I hate having a mother that only bought me the games that were on the 1990's bargin bin "100 great shareware games!" cds when I was little......
Old 10-09-2005, 06:29 AM   #7
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Graphics similar to Eric the Unready? How about Time Quest, then?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 10-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #8
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Unfortunately that's not it either.

I think I misspoke when I said the graphics were like "Eric the Unready", they aren't that "real" looking. The graphics were like....they were like those cartoon movies like Atlantis and Titan AE, cartoon drawn, but not "cartoony"...I hope that makes sense..

It wasn't a text adventure with graphics either, it was point and click, but dialoge would either appear at the bottom, or in bubbles. Again, you DIDN'T see your character, like Myst, but with less freerange movement.

. I think it had humor to it, but only very light humor. I THINK the story went:

Your gone to visit an old man who's a friend or family member, only to see he's gone. You check out his time machine and somehow (don't remember, I think it was a note written for you) figure out he has gone back in time and he needs your help. I remember you find other letters from him that help you locate either him, or something else.

I know this is hard heh, there are so many games that are similiar to this, and i'm having trouble remembering them all.

P.S. it sounds like Back to the Future heh, but that's way not it.
Old 29-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #9
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Moved to unknown game threads.
Suggestions?
Old 30-07-2007, 01:52 AM   #10
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Could it be Uncle Julius and the Anywhere Machine?

http://familygames.com/share/awminfo.html

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo