Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #1
Vilx-

Default [marko river] Crystal Key

I'm looking for the title of an old Windows game that I played over 10 years ago. What I remember about it:
  • It's a point-and-click adventure game, made sometime in the late 90's or early 20's.
  • The setting is that the Earth is besieged by some sort of alien warship(s?), so you take the first ever interstellar spaceship developed on Earth and head out to seek help.
  • You crash land in forest (jungle?) on another planet and find the remains of some sort of civilization which had perfected a portal technology - portable devices that create man-sized circular portals to other locations in the universe. Then you visit several worlds through these portals.
  • One of the worlds has a jail in the middle of a desert. You also find a hologram projector there.
  • On another world you find the portal coordinates for a star - used by the people for garbage disposal.
  • In the end you get to the Evil Emperor's ship and plant the holoprojector in front of his room, but behind the projector you open a portal to the sun. So that when the emperor comes out of the room, he falls into the star.
  • Happy end!

Anyone know of this?
Vilx- is offline                         Send a private message to Vilx-
Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Sounds interesting. But I never seen this game. Let me seek internet then...
Hmm, found nothing. Universe seems somewhat like it, and Reah have similar technologies, but both are not _exactly_ like you described. Sorry.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 05-12-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 05-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
Vilx-

I don't think it was a very highly rated game, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was hardly more than a footnote left of it in history.

Btw, the game was in the first-person perspective, so definitely not Universe. The visual style of Reah seems similar to what I remember, but the story is definitely something else.

Thanks for trying! I know that the keyword "Portal" isn't a very good one to find a game these days. The portals were the highlight of it though.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Crystal Key perhaps?

It is just something that looks like it from the few games I checked. Here, you can check on moby for windows adventure games in 1st perspective. Then you can choose a year or Sci-Fi theme, and try to narrow the game, if it is present on moby. If not, you might spot something interesting at least
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 06-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #5
Vilx-

That's it! It's the Crystal Key! I googled for a walkthrough and that's exactly it!

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

2004. Gaah. I didn't went so far.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
2004. Gaah. I didn't went so far.
Huh? 1999?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 11-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Actually, yes. But Moby shown me 2004 because it's the year of the Russian release. Hmm, I would expect earliest release to shown. Then I definitely overlooked it, due too generic description. My fault!