Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
dkw
Forum hobbit

Default DKW's old games

I might as well offer what games I have, that haven't already been rejected or are already on the site.

Steel Panthers 2 Modern Battles
Steel Panthers 3 Brigade Commander
Eagle Eye Mysteries
War Wind
Star Wars Dark Forces

Unfortunately most of the games I own are already on the site.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

I saw you uploaded Pacific General on the FTP. I thought Chris already explained this to you, but because we aren't the richest site on Earth we can't afford uploading on the site games larger than 150 MB. Alternatively, to give users the possibility to also play the large games, we have a forum section called ISO Cellar, which you'll have access to after being more active on the forums. In this section members share their games through links to a file-sharing service, like 4shared or megaupload, or whatever, where they uploaded the respective games.

So we now have a delicate situation. You uploaded a 400 MB game on FTP and written a review, but we can't upload it on site. For now, we'll transfer the game on a file-sharing service and we'll make it available in the ISO Cellar. We'll try to figure what to do with the review, but it remains solely on FTP at the moment, till the time when we'll have the opportunity to put it on site.

Now for the other games you offered. If the game has less than 150 MB, upload it on FTP. If it has more than 150 MB, upload it on a file-sharing site (4share, megaupload, rapidshare etc) and send the link through PM, either to me, Paco or Lulu_Jane. Later, when you'll have acces to this forum section, you'll post the links directly there, in a thread called "Requests". You'll see...

Steel Panthers II: Modern Battles [APPROVED]
Steel Panthers III: Brigade Commander [APPROVED]
Eagle Eye Mysteries [APPROVED]
War Wind [APPROVED]
Star Wars: Dark Forces [REJECTED] We don't accept games from evil corporations like LucasArts and Bethesda (there are 4 companies in total) because of their aggressive protection policies.

Thank you for your contributions.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
I saw you uploaded Pacific General on the FTP. I thought Chris already explained this to you, but because we aren't the richest site on Earth we can't afford uploading on the site games larger than 150 MB. Alternatively, to give users the possibility to also play the large games, we have a forum section called ISO Cellar, which you'll have access to after being more active on the forums. In this section members share their games through links to a file-sharing service, like 4shared or megaupload, or whatever, where they uploaded the respective games.

So we now have a delicate situation. You uploaded a 400 MB game on FTP and written a review, but we can't upload it on site. For now, we'll transfer the game on a file-sharing service and we'll make it available in the ISO Cellar. We'll try to figure what to do with the review, but it remains solely on FTP at the moment, till the time when we'll have the opportunity to put it on site.
Yeah, that's right. DKW had some problems in uploading the game to a file sharer, so he has put it on FTP from where I will grab it and shovel it up to 4shared. If anyone with a faster connection than I have could do that job, I would be very happy though. I will try to build a rip of the game, so please don't delete the files from incoming yet.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
So we now have a delicate situation. You uploaded a 400 MB game on FTP and written a review, but we can't upload it on site
Maybe you could upload the review with the game? That way, whoever wants to download the game can also download the review and it will not go to waste...

Also: why you don't post reviews of old games that are not on site? It wouldn't be to different to still having on site reviews of ESA protected games... maybe that could be changed?
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 02-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
dkw
Forum hobbit

As Chris said, I was having trouble uploading to 4shared, Megaupload, Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Savefile. My internet connection becomes unreliable and unstable around 10pm local time, and doesn't come back until about 7am local time, so all night uploading is not possible.
Megaupload refused to upload a 3MB file, but would upload the other 420MB of files.
Also, because of the above instability with my connection, my uploads tend to "time out" and have to be restarted, which made Mediafire, Rapidshare, Savefile, and a few times 4shared unusable because I would have to completely restart an upload, whether the game was broken up into pieces or the whole thing at once, it just wasn't working.
2 weeks later, I resorted to breaking your rules and uploaded to your server, and informed Chris at the time about it. I knew you didn't like that, but I was having to much trouble with the other sites. I do not plan to do that again, and the other games I have listed are smaller in size so should be easier to upload to other sites.
Chris has the download link for the Pacific General patch needed to make the game "beatable," because of a bug that made many missions impossible to get Decisive Victory.
I apologize for the problems/inconveniences that it has caused.

I will get to work on the approved games over the next week or so, and hopefully the uploads will go smoother this time.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
Chris
Abandonia Homie

I've put a 30MB CD-Rip of Pacific General into your FTP folder. It's already pre-patched to Version 1.1, so no additional patch is needed. This version lacks the music and movie clips, but it meets the main site's limitations.

Btw, you've got the first Eagle Eye Mysteries game?

We are looking for it for some time now.. it would be great to have it on site!

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
dkw
Forum hobbit

Yes, I do have the first Eagle Eye Mysteries game. It came with both the DOS version and Mac version CDs.

Wow, down to 30MBs. That was quite a lot of space for music and a few animations.

Well then, I will have to put Eagle Eye Mysteries at the top of the upload list over the next few weeks.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
dkw
Forum hobbit

I can provide the Complete Arsenal version of the original Steel Panthers that is already on the site.
The Complete Arsenal version of Steel Panthers is the same game with all the patches and expansions for Steel Panthers 1 compiled into one CD-ROM.
Old 14-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #9
dkw
Forum hobbit

I have dug out a couple more titles from my pile of old CDs.

Lords of the Realm 2

This one I am not sure is on the site or not.
The Incredible Machine Version 3.0 Windows 95 version. What I am not sure about is if this is just The Incredible Machine 2 updated for Windows or not.

The following is on the site already, but if the version you have on the site doesn't have the patches and expansion, then I offer this:
Steel Panthers 1 Complete Arsenal version, MS-DOS with all patches and expansions already applied.
Old 15-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Lords of the Realm II [APPROVED] It's actually sold at Gametap, but I don't think that counts at the moment.

The Incredible Machine 3.0 [APPROVED] It's actually the same game + new graphics and bonus puzzles released as a new title. TIM3.0 = TIM3

I don't know about Steel Panthers... Can you compare the sizes and if yours has more MBs you can upload it on FTP (if it has <150 MB of course)