Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #31
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkO@Sep 7 2005, 03:13 PM
Perhaps opens up potential for a third Laura Bow?

The technology has never been more ready
Hmm, I don't think we'd really want to see that, though. If they were to make a third game it wouldn't be a proper adventure; it would probably have 3D graphics and action sequences, and that sort of gameplay never really works for a game which ought to have been a pure point-'n-click adventure. 3D graphics and action sequences completely ruined the later Indiana Jones games, and it would probably be the same for Laura Bow.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 PM   #32
Sonja

i would like to download Laura Bow 1 to play on XP

can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me?

E-mail removed

PLEASE PLEASE this means sooo much to me
thanks

Sorry, this game is protected. That means we could get into trouble for offering the game for download or giving it to people. And, as AJ said, posting your e-mail address on forums is inadvisable - Havell

Old 07-09-2005, 04:42 PM   #33
MarkO

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Sep 7 2005, 03:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Sep 7 2005, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MarkO@Sep 7 2005, 03:13 PM
Perhaps opens up potential for a third Laura Bow?

The technology has never been more ready
Hmm, I don't think we'd really want to see that, though. If they were to make a third game it wouldn't be a proper adventure; it would probably have 3D graphics and action sequences, and that sort of gameplay never really works for a game which ought to have been a pure point-'n-click adventure. 3D graphics and action sequences completely ruined the later Indiana Jones games, and it would probably be the same for Laura Bow. [/b][/quote]
Unfortunately, you are right, as I have just realised.

No games developer around would want to have a 'proper' adventure game unless it had tons of unnecessary action in it. Still, the second Longest Journey game is a good benchmark, as is Fahrenheit...but maybe I'm being too optimistic.
MarkO is offline                         Send a private message to MarkO
Old 07-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #34
Sonja

sorry my email is

Removed

please please can someone tell me where to download Laura Bow 1?

See message two posts above - Havell

Old 07-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #35
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonja@Sep 7 2005, 03:54 PM
sorry my email is

removed

please please can someone tell me where to download Laura BOw 1?
Sorry, Sonja, but no. We're not allowed to host the game, and we're not allowed to point you to a download either, because that might get us into trouble. You'll just have to try and find a secondhand copy on ebay, I'm afraid.

By the way, posting your email on an internet forum is a very bad idea. You'll end up getting lots of spam...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 30-01-2006, 03:31 AM   #36
Tuber

k:

Hi, just wanted to weigh in and say this game is way awesome. Unlike the reviewer, I really liked all the characters. Specifically the way you could actually carry out detailed conversations with them by typing 'ask about whatever.' Not like modern games where you get a list of every possible thing you can talk about, so you actually had to think of what you wanted to know about yourself.

Someone earlier made a post about this ghost.. I remember seeing it in the graveyard at the beginning of act one. Like you had to go to the graveyard first thing in the game to see it, and even then it wouldnt always appear. I never did figure out what the story with that was.

It really is a shame that vivendi is just sitting on this one. Heck, it's a shame when anyone sits on anything. I had the game when I was like 10 as a few others here did. Silly me I sold the game online like 15 years ago. Regardless, if you can find a way to get your hands on it, this is a goodee. Makes 5 days a stranger look like solitaire. ^^

Old 02-02-2006, 09:48 AM   #37
Tuber

warning, spoilers

ok so I've played the game through again, and I still cannot figure out what the deal is with Sarah Crouton, the ghost that only sometimes can be seen. As far as I know the ghost only shows up in two places, the graveyard and the back porch. This time around, I never saw her, but I definately remember her from when I first played the game ~15 years ago. So you find the bible in the chapel and the note in the armor, and you can see Sarah's grave so you know she died at 17. And there's the secret passage to the Crouton tomb. Sarah's family left clues for her to find the Jewels there, but obviously she never did. Are there any other clues about the Crouton family and what happened to Sarah? I mean, she's a ghost, and she died at 17. Are we to be be teased with that and not know anything else about her? I mean, if Roberta included that much about her, it seems that as a bonus there must be a way to discover her cause of death at such a tender young age, amd the reason she haunts the Dijon estate. At Gamegaqs there's a faq that covers everything I already know about the Croutons. It however contends that Sarah is Henri's mother, something that I don't think is ever actually said in the game, and I'm not sure is correct. The author also thought Ruby was a member of the Crouton family. Seems obvious to me that Ruby is a clue in the form of a pun so you know which vault to open to find the rubies. Without just opening them all I mean.

Anybody know where I can get some answers? This is really bugging me. Thanks!

Old 23-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #38
DOS-NOSTALGY

One of the most spooky adventures i have ever played. Damn.....
Really good game. Played it for many hours. And gave me some good shocks so now and then.

k:
DOS-NOSTALGY is offline                         Send a private message to DOS-NOSTALGY
Old 23-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #39
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I was really astonished how much there is to until you completed the game in an appropriate manner. :blink:
There's so much you can miss in either being too slow or being not cautiously enough. You simply don't see some things...
Quote:
Originally posted by DOS-NOSTALGY
One of the most spooky adventures i have ever played. Damn.....
Really good game. Played it for many hours. And gave me some good shocks so now and then.
I absolutelly agree!!! k:
Old 24-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #40

How do you get it to run without the annoying sound coming from inside my cpu?