Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-10-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Default Tex Murphy 2 - Martian Memorandum

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 05:31 PM.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 09-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #2

"You do not yet know what the 'something else' is (you find out later on it is an Oracle Stone with great mystical powers)"

Was it really necessary to spoil it for those of us who wanted to play this game? I mean come on. Use a little common sense.

Old 09-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I do agree that getting too much information may spoil the fun of playing the game, but a reviewer also needs to decide what information is relevant.

If you think the main point of this game was, that the plot takes you beyond your first mission and that knowing you'll have to search for the Oracle Stone spoiled the game, then all I have to say is, that you don't really apreaciate this game. It's got much more appeal then that.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 09-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
rallier
Abandonia nerd

I tend to agree.... though if u are a first time player of tex murphy don't just quit, it's a great game and that oracle shouldn't affect the gameplay in any way. I played that game and it is very nice as well as all the other games of tex.
Just one question i tried to play overseer (tex murphy 5) and couldn't run it on XP does anybody knows what to do?
rallier is offline                         Send a private message to rallier
Old 09-10-2005, 10:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by rallier@Oct 9 2005, 07:38 PM
I tend to agree.... though if u are a first time player of tex murphy don't just quit, it's a great game and that oracle shouldn't affect the gameplay in any way. I played that game and it is very nice as well as all the other games of tex.
Just one question i tried to play overseer (tex murphy 5) and couldn't run it on XP does anybody knows what to do?
It's a bitch to get running that's for sure - I have the DVD version and the CD version. The DVD version is hopelessly outdated, still relying on actual hardware decoding by your DVD drive (which only the first DVD drives had because graphic cards weren't capable of realtime decoding yet at the time or didn't have it implemented yet). Basically, Overseer is a lost cause unless you have the CD version, which works fine after the patch I seem to recall.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #6

I hadn't even downloaded the game before I read that, though. I prefer going into games without any prior knowledge as to what's coming up. I'm a fan of the FMV Tex Murphy games, so I was really looking to play this one. Annoys me a little that something is spoiled right from the start. I dunno, I guess it's a minor aspect of the story. But still...

Old 10-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #7
Beresford

I loved this game. The best part was that I didn't have a sound card and could still hear sound effects and speech. The only game I know that did this!

Old 10-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #8
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

If some people thought I was too enthustiastic with the review, then I apologize. I was just trying to get across that there is much more to this game than you first think.

Personally, I like little tit-bits like that. It makes me want to find out more.

I hope you still enjoy the game.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 11-10-2005, 12:59 AM   #9
rallier
Abandonia nerd

yes there is a lot into that game don't stick to the oracle stuff... it's an amazing game it's really worth playing... it's a straight 5.

Unregistered i have the cd version where is that patch u mentioned? or what is it at least
rallier is offline                         Send a private message to rallier
Old 11-10-2005, 01:56 AM   #10
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally posted by rallier@Oct 10 2005, 11:59 PM

Unregistered i have the cd version where is that patch u mentioned? or what is it at least
Glad you're enjoying the game.

It was a guest who mentioned the patch. I think they meant there is a patch for Tex Murphy Overseer, not Martian Memorandum. I don't know anything about that, so I can't help you I'm afraid.

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo