Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Default Lego franchise

I said in another post that about the Lego franchise games. Besides I really like Lego Lord of the Rings, I also love the Lego Indiana Jones. In addition to the OST of the Indiana Jones Trilogy present in the game, the game is very interesting for trying to follow the film approximately and presenting several puzzles.

Regrettably, I do not appreciate too much Lego franchise games, not even the acclaimed Star Wars that requires a lot of dexterity, patience, perseverance and several attempts to get through the most difficult phases. Retry..........

Regrettably, the Lego franchise are not available for PS4 although they are available for PS3... Perhaps they make them available for PS4 just as it did with Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain? Who knows?
Old 07-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

I said in another post that about the Lego franchise games. Besides I really like Lego Lord of the Rings, I also love the Lego Indiana Jones. In addition to the OST of the Indiana Jones Trilogy present in the game, the game is very interesting for trying to follow the film approximately and presenting several puzzles.

Regrettably, I do not appreciate too much Lego franchise games, not even the acclaimed Star Wars that requires a lot of dexterity, patience, perseverance and several attempts to get through the most difficult phases. Retry..........

Regrettably, the Lego franchise are not available for PS4 although they are available for PS3... Perhaps they make them available for PS4 just as it did with Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain? Who knows?
Whoops! I forgot to mention that I also like the Lego Harry Potter as it involves magic and the story of the series.

However, I remember well that the characters emitted unintelligible sounds... Unfortunately, older games in the Lego franchise have this feature in which the characters do not speak, but only pronounce unintelligible sounds.

In addition to that if there is more than one player participating, the distance of each other from each character is quite limited unlike the most recent games in the Lego franchise.

I do not remember that the Lego Indiana Jones characters also speak intelligible sounds. Already in the Lego Lord of the Rings there are dubs and subtitles of the dialogues. I find it comical when the characters die screaming... Shhh!!! Frodo screaming... I guess I am really evil and sadistic Mysterious being...
Old 13-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:

Whoops! I forgot to mention that I also like the Lego Harry Potter as it involves magic and the story of the series.

However, I remember well that the characters emitted unintelligible sounds... Unfortunately, older games in the Lego franchise have this feature in which the characters do not speak, but only pronounce unintelligible sounds.

In addition to that if there is more than one player participating, the distance of each other from each character is quite limited unlike the most recent games in the Lego franchise.

I do not remember that the Lego Indiana Jones characters also speak intelligible sounds. Already in the Lego Lord of the Rings there are dubs and subtitles of the dialogues. I find it comical when the characters die screaming... Shhh!!! Frodo screaming... I guess I am really evil and sadistic Mysterious being...
I forgot to mention that it would be possible to explore the interior of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry... Unfortunately, I did not finish the game on PS3 since the PS4 is being used... Maybe I play the game on the PC (if it is compatible with Windows 10)...
Old 17-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Steam is your friend, Mystvan.
First part
and Second one.
Old 17-01-2019, 07:00 PM   #5
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

Steam is your friend, Mystvan.
First part
and Second one.
Thank you for the links! I thought the Lego franchise games were only available on the Microsoft Store because they had the Microsoft logo on the covers.

In that way, I did not expect that such games would be available on Steam. It was a real surprise to me!

I just hope that Cheat Codes can also work in Windows games just as they did in PS3 games...
Old 18-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
In that way, I did not expect that such games would be available on Steam. It was a real surprise to me!
You are behind the time, Mystvan, at least for last 7-8 years. If game is not on Steam, it's most probably non-exist for the rest of the world. Only most stubborn old-school developers are _not_ on Steam - and some very big vain publishers (EA, Blizzard, and now Epic) purposely removed their games from there. Otherwise "PC Gaming"="Steam" and vice versa.
Old 18-01-2019, 07:18 PM   #7
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:

You are behind the time, Mystvan, at least for last 7-8 years. If game is not on Steam, it's most probably non-exist for the rest of the world. Only most stubborn old-school developers are _not_ on Steam - and some very big vain publishers (EA, Blizzard, and now Epic) purposely removed their games from there. Otherwise "PC Gaming"="Steam" and vice versa.
Yes, perhaps I am “outdated”. *cough* *cough*

The “problem” is that if something interests me that it is available on Steam, I rarely buy directly on Steam. I’d rather buy it on my old favorite sites such as Gamersgate and Gamesplanet.com. And they are merely stored in my Libraries of the respective Customer Accounts since I am kind of Collector.

That way, I am “outdated” on Steam, although I’ve enabled 2-Step Verification there... Curiously, I like to purchase games directly from Origin with the exception of Special Collections and Packs available only on Gamersgate and / or Gamesplanet.com.
Old 19-01-2019, 06:00 PM   #8
Capo
Unconventional member

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 20-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #9
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
The “problem” is that if something interests me that it is available on Steam, I rarely buy directly on Steam. I’d rather buy it on my old favorite sites such as Gamersgate and Gamesplanet.com. And they are merely stored in my Libraries of the respective Customer Accounts since I am kind of Collector.
Welcome to my world.

I don't restrict myself with any one site, so I buy where it's most profitable. And I recommend to you IsThereAnyDeal site. It will inform you about any game packs around. And if you filled your Steam wishlist, it will give you notification about this games discounts as well.
Old 20-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #10
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:

Welcome to my world.

I don't restrict myself with any one site, so I buy where it's most profitable. And I recommend to you IsThereAnyDeal site. It will inform you about any game packs around. And if you filled your Steam wishlist, it will give you notification about this games discounts as well.
Thank you very much for the link. I did not know the site! Very good!

Yes, I was like that too, but I preferred to be more practical and limit myself to just a few great sites with no chance of going bankrupt such as Steam, Origin, GOG.com, Gamersgate and Gamesplanet.com.

I’ve already been refunded by Gamesplanet.com because of the defunct GameDownloads.com (subsidiary of the supposedly solid and reliable IDG). And fortunately I never bought any Indie games on the defunct Desura.com. *phew* *whew*

Yes, I will try to keep in mind what you wrote above. I will try to have a more open mind, broaden my horizons. However, I will still be cautious before venturing / buying games on promising sites that may disappear (Desura.com) at any time, suddenly...