Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting > General compatibility fixes
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #31
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

Thanks Bloody-Piggy for heads up on the gameplay for PainKiller

Slow connection is one of main reasons not to play online games. That don't think is the fault of steam. Just slow internet. Yet it does seem that steam has cause some problems for some people.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 01-11-2006, 01:32 AM   #32
JJXB
Pi-voh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloudy @ Oct 31 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]264556[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Steam is the main reason I never finished HL2, and it's also the reason I can't be bothered installing it again. Great game, but Steam is just a total pain. Especially when your connection isn't that fast. Or when your connection is broken for whatever reason ¬_¬

PS JJXB: Love your avatar/sig
[/b]
thanks for the compliment cloudy
and as you can probably gather, i hate steam as much as you do :P i freely admit i pirate games/music etc but i don't encourage unless there is a serious reason (i.e. steam) and the thing is, my version of hl2 is pirated but it's steam-free and that's the reason i downloaded instead of bought it. before anyone else says anything, i'm not saying it's right to pirate but i'm saying i have a perfectly valid reason for wanting to download it (i.e. pirates remove steam) and in my eyes, steam is just a unnecessary complication to a good game. i might have considered buying if those f***tards valve didn't make sure it required steam.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 03-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #33
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

I hate the idea of steam also. So basically if you don't have internet you can't play a game. I guess that this is the only way that they can at least slow down pirating though. Even though I got Dark Messiah from an illegal version of steam, but it's good because I was hesitant to buy it at first, so I downloaded and played. I loved it so I bought it. Demos suck too much so I don't waste my time on those.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 13-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #34
iluvpugs

HL2 and Doom 3 ran fine on my:
P4 2.26 GHZ
1GB RAM
GeForce 6600 128 MB RAM (Formerly GeForce 4MX 128 MB, But it also ran OK, But aint gonna work with Doom3)

But if ya wanna play HL2 get a DSL connection (256 or greater, the more the merrier)

The reason steam is bad coz:
1. If you dont update your game regularly it wont work
2. Sometimes steam does not work
3. Steam is annoying
iluvpugs is offline                         Send a private message to iluvpugs
Old 15-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #35
Mara
Abandonia nerd

Steam isn't that bad!

Of course you can play without being conected, just get steam in the offline mode. You only need to coneect once to autentify.

I have a starforce protected game, that is really anoying. :wallbash: And won't run on windows vista :tai:

Oh, i'll try steam on widows vista

Edit : Steam do run on windows vita. Not the smallest probleme. Just a bit of doubt when steam asked for the login password. Lukily, i rememberd using my "high securtiy" password, to make it harder to hack my account.
I was able to start HL1 without any internet connection. just restart steam, and tell it to start in the non connected mode.
Mara is offline                         Send a private message to Mara
Old 16-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #36
wajid

Yes they will work (atleast they work for me)
wajid is offline                         Send a private message to wajid
Old 20-02-2007, 11:09 AM   #37
liamoneal13

Yes Doom 3 will run on your system and it's not that boring. Worth it in my opinion.
liamoneal13 is offline                         Send a private message to liamoneal13
Old 20-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #38
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

For heaven's sake, did anyone of you actually notice that this thread has finished in NOVEMBER LAST YEAR?

Don't make string puppets out of corpses, please. It's simply disgusting.
Same applies to bringing back discussions that have long ran their course only to bump your postcount up by one.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman