Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #11
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Woot thanks for the server move Kosta.
Now I dont have to wait for like 2 minutes for the fourm to load when I run out of hihg speed usage on my bbroudband connection like I have right now and always do.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 25-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #12
Japo
Autonomous human

I've noticed a minor misfunction: When I enter a topic through the "View New Posts" search link, and then order my browser (Opera) to go "Back" in order to return to the "New Posts" list, it's like refreshing the topic page instead. If I look at the browser's history, the list is two clicks away instead of one. And even going "Back" twice or more times won't help, every time the situation is the same.

EDIT: It seems to happen sometimes, not always. And it hasn't happened when entering a topic from the board, although I haven't tested extensively.

EDIT: No, it happens every time I enter through the "Last post by:" link, and regardless of whether I click it on the "New Posts" list or on the boards. So it's something about the "Last post by:" link.
Old 25-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #13
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That's a forum issue... and I don't touch the forum code... I don't go anywhere near it. I value my nerves, eyesight and hair :P I can report it to invisionboard support if you think its worthwhile

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 26-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #14
Japo
Autonomous human

Well if that's you I'm light years away of the forum code... or nearly any other code. :P I don't really have an idea of how complicated it might be, so... I can live with it, of course.
Old 27-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #15
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There seems to be some odd behaviour with the server. Pages taking an awaful long time to load and timing out. If that happens to you, if you can report it in and say when it happened, how, and after which steps, I'd be most grateful!

Old 27-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #16
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

It happened this evening (17.15 or thereabout). It wasn't exactly ( i guess ) a timeout, as the page did load.... eventually.
I was about to post a reply in one of the topics, but when submitting, it took several minutes for me to get it posted. I then put a 'distress call' up in the sb, but again it took a good while for it to appear.
It didn't last long however, and after I put up the last shout it has worked like a charm.

EDIT: Sunday Aug 27th 21.10: As FF crashed when in another window, and I dropped out of the entire web, I restarted FF, but got this message when trying to connect to Ab:

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 0000000002DE50C0

I then manually typed the URL, and after quite a while, I got back here.

SECOND EDIT: 21.25: I get this error repeatedly:

[attachmentid=3613]

3RD EDIT: 23.23 After looking at a topic, and clicking "Abandonia Forum", the "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 0000000002DE50C0" re-appeared.

4TH EDIT: 23.28 this error popped up:

[attachmentid=3614]

followed imediately by the first error, which was really persistent (see Frodo's post)
Old 27-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #17
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Time is 8.23pm.

Was reading the forums. The screen went white, and I got a Service Unavailable message. I pressed the Back arrow to get back to the forums. It took a long time to reload the screen, but then I got another error message popping up:

Quote:
Error: The server returned the following HTTP status 503
received:
<h1>Service Unavailable<h1> [/b]
I clicked the red X to make it go away, but it came back several times. It seems to be gone now though.

I'm also getting this message when I tried to attage a screenshot:

Quote:
THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.[/b]
:wallbash:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 27-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #18
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Aug 27 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]251268[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I'm also getting this message when I tried to attage a screenshot:

Quote:
THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.[/b]
:wallbash:
[/b]
That's not a problem resultant from the "Server Move"! That happened when the forums were upgraded... I wrote something about it here: "Forum Upgrade" Topic
Apparently there's only one thing you can do: go through all your posts with attachments and delete the attachments to get your space back... You can do that in your control panel (My Controls > Options > Manage your attachments)
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 27-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #19
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I can increase the number of attachments per-user basis!

Old 27-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #20
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shrek @ Aug 27 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]251291[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That's not a problem resultant from the "Server Move"! That happened when the forums were upgraded... I wrote something about it here: "Forum Upgrade" Topic
Apparently there's only one thing you can do: go through all your posts with attachments and delete the attachments to get your space back... You can do that in your control panel (My Controls > Options > Manage your attachments)
[/b]
Ah, I see. I haven't tried to upload a screenshot for a while, so I didn't realise. LOL I've deleted some of my older attachments now.

Thanks Shrek.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo