Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #21
Mysterious Stranger

I love this game, but then, I love all sci-fi games. I recently got my hands on the supposedly extremely rare 16 color version of the game, so... yay me.

I would recommend looking for the Sega CD version, it's the only one that comes with voice acting, and it's also fairly easy to find, both for sale and download.
Mysterious Stranger is offline                         Send a private message to Mysterious Stranger
Old 22-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #22
Stephan

I played this game whn I was a kid. The original may still be in my old house. I wonder if it still works?

Anyhow, it is a great game.. I totally forgot about it until I came a cross this site. I was a big fan of the Sierra / Dynamix games. My first game was Space Quest I. I played on a tandy 1000 TX. It had 3 1/2 " drives!

When are you going to have Thexder here? I love that game too!!

Old 22-07-2006, 08:58 AM   #23
psaiko

hey i downloaded the game and played it under WinXp. everything works fine, but when i want to go to blades girlfriends place (i think kayren is her name) the game stops running and crashes -everytime.
do you have this proble mtoo?

Old 25-07-2006, 04:26 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try using DosBox, dude.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #25
Mike Reich

Can somebody give me some hints on the wire-puzzle? I'm not much of an electrician...

This game is CLASSY!

Old 23-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #26
thebes
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stig @ Feb 14 2005, 11:54 AM) [snapback]66227[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
When is Heart of China going to get uploaded. Its a damn fine game. Uses the same engine as this game I recall.
[/b]
I had HoC on Amiga. great game but can't get it. it's one of those ESA games.
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 10-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #27

does anyone know how to actually use the napent after its equipped?! It would seem easy, but i havent found out

Old 28-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #28
Banjo

I don't know where else to post this, so figured here at Abandonia might be the best place to start... has anyone ever thought of attempting to rip the speech from the Sega CD version and combining it with the graphics/uncut gameplay of the DOS version? I don't know how possible that is, since I know very little about Sega CD formats, but I know similar things have been attempted with a few games, in attempts to mix PC and Amiga versions, etc.
Banjo is offline                         Send a private message to Banjo
Old 27-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #29
Collon28
Lurker

Default My Encounter with the game

I played this many many moons ago (however long ago that was). I got stuck at the phone line in the sewers, not understanding how it worked (I was only like 12 years old when I played it after all).
Having it uploaded here totally rocked and thanks to my neighborhood walkthrough at Gamefaqs.com, I made WAY more progress than before. Unfortunately, when the action sequence started between me and The Snake, the game froze. Apparently my setup with Dosbox (default) isn't favorable with this. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone know how to remedy this?
Collon28 is offline                         Send a private message to Collon28
Old 05-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I liked this game back in the day, probably just because it was a Sierra game. It's not the greatest, but still enjoyable. I liked the mixture of adventure and the gun sequences.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127