Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-04-2005, 12:33 AM   #31
Not another guest

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest@Apr 5 2005, 06:46 AM
I'd say RRT is less complicated than Transport Tycoon, especially on easier levels where the stock brokers' market doesn't play an important role. I suggest you start in Europe, it's a lot easier and faster than for example South America (more densely populated, more cargo)
Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to post
South American map is not included in this game. You must be thinking of Railroad Tycoon Deluxe!!!

Old 06-04-2005, 06:47 AM   #32
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Not another guest+Apr 6 2005, 12:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Not another guest @ Apr 6 2005, 12:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-another_guest@Apr 5 2005, 06:46 AM
I'd say RRT is less complicated than Transport Tycoon, especially on easier levels where the stock brokers' market doesn't play an important role. I suggest you start in Europe, it's a lot easier and faster than for example South America (more densely populated, more cargo)
Of course, if you have any questions, feel free to post
South American map is not included in this game. You must be thinking of Railroad Tycoon Deluxe!!! [/b][/quote]
Sorry about that...
But what I said still holds, the European map is the easiest of all.
One of the best starting routes was always Lille-Brussels-Amsterdam, though of course you should leave out any city that's small due to the game's randomizer.
Starting there would give you both access to Germany and France (->Paris) and it's a short route to begin with.

Such mistakes happen every now and then, I just remember the version I used to have long time ago, sometimes without knowing there were different versions
Old 06-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #33
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well playing Europe is usually the easiest. And you don't have to choose just those cities. I usually start on route Graz-Zagreb-Trieste (then conect Bologna, Sarajevo, Vienna, Munich,...). You basically just need a few big cities. On the European map you can get a lot of money transporting mail and passangers between the cities (unlike US - where passangers and mail don't bring in enough income).

BTW - if somebody hasn't noticed - the MANUAL is finally up!!!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 11-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #34
Jay

I Love this game. Ihave every version of it, but I can't get this one to work because the disk is bad, though I do fell uncomfortable with this sort of thing, I guess it should be okkay since I did have a bought version. I also have RRT Deluxe, I got it as part of the Conquer the World set. That's the best way to get it. It has good graphics, but I miss the animated scenes from the original. These two and RRT3 Are my favorite.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:04 PM   #35
Deuce
Lurker

Ok guys dumb question I know, but I can't figure out how to download the game and I want it soooo bad. Can you point to the spot where I am supposed to download it? I keep looking on this page:

http://www.abandonia.com/games/406/Railroad_Tycoon

But I don't see an actual download link. What am I missing?!

Thanks!
Deuce is offline                         Send a private message to Deuce
Old 11-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #36
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Apparently the download link was removed; usually it shows "get it" instead of that ESA icon that's been placed there now. Maybe it wasn't abandonware yet or someone just bought the rights to the game?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:09 PM   #37
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

ESA told us to remove the game. Read why here
Old 11-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #38
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

(I'm straying a bit off-topic here, but I guess it doesn't matter since this game is no longer available for download)

That's really a pity, especially because I've always seen Abandonia remove download links the moment they saw a game wasn't abandonware. So it's a shame that you guys are now "punished" like this even if you've always tried to do things right.
On the other hand, still plenty of interesting games left on abandonia, fortunately enough
Old 11-05-2005, 10:52 PM   #39
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

It seems al the Microprose, Electronic Arts, Sierra, Bullfrog, Acclaim and Brooderbung games are ESA protected - this would just fall into this category - though
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 08-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #40
mj

The manual's download doesn't seem to contain the manua.
What's happen? :blink: