Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
gufetto
Forum hobbit

Question A game I might like, based on these I've played?

I recently discovered "Alien Rampage", a game I was oddly unaware of and that I'm already loving to bits.

So I thought... perhaps there might be other good oldies that I had missed back in the days. Perhaps you guys know more titles than me!

Based on the titles below, what other classic game comes to your mind?

- ALIEN RAMPAGE

- XENOPHAGE: ALIEN BLOODSPORT

- PRIMAL RAGE

- THE LION KING

- WOLF

- PRAY FOR DEATH

Basically... I like sci-fi games with aliens or robots or creative characters as protagonists. I also love games in which you play as an animal. I particularly love fighting games and platform games.
I normally only like good games, but sometimes I fall in love with not-so-popular games like Xenophage.
Old 23-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

a platformer-jumper with animal protagonist is "Claw" here in Abandonia: http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/6652/Claw.html

there's also an old arcade game with robots which I was fan when we had some Wizards playrooms around, called Killer Instinct: http://www.madhousebeyond.com/articles/ki.html

you might also want to try Blackstorm, the original game in the style of Alien Rampage: http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/56/Blackthorne.html

Finally let me add my current personal favourite "shoot on platform, team style" flashgame, Strike Force Heroes 2: http://armorgames.com/play/14775/strike-force-heroes-2

Give any of these a try, I enjoyed them all
Old 23-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #3
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Abuse: www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8cYYPpRboo
Old 23-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

First for you I'd say Abuse. Fast 2D platform shooter where you aim anywhere with the mouse.
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/97/Abuse.html
EDIT: I didn't realize it was already suggested. Nice video!

Not very platformer, but what about the Crusader games:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/19...o+Remorse.html

There's a game exactly like Wolf but about Lions, made by the same people. More of the same but if you like:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/1020/Lion.html

"Platform games" is a very broad description, from your examples I guess you don't mean Mario-like? I could say Flashback and the like but those have many puzzles and you seem to want pure action?

"Fighting games" is equally broad, we could say millions. Any special characteristic that you like?

And what are your other requirements besides "classic", and what do you mean by that (year range)? There are millions of games that could be suggested to fit your requirements only for PC, and are you interested in other platforms?

Last edited by Japo; 23-01-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 28-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
gufetto
Forum hobbit

Thanks for the suggestions!
Perhaps I should've mentioned that I have already played Abuse, Lion and Crusader. My fault. :P

And in fact, I liked all of them, so those would've been very good suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
"Platform games" is a very broad description, from your examples I guess you don't mean Mario-like? I could say Flashback and the like but those have many puzzles and you seem to want pure action?
I tend to prefer action to puzzles, but if a game's good like Flashback, I might endure the puzzles to keep going.

Think about "Ecco the dolphin": it's a puzzle game and a frustratingly difficult one at it, too. But I just loved being an actual dolphin and playing in a full nature setting, so I still played that game a lot.

Quote:
"Fighting games" is equally broad, we could say millions. Any special characteristic that you like?

I really do like all kinds of fighting games. Which is why I was sure I hadn't missed any, but then "Xenophage: Alien Bloodsport" showed up!

Quote:
And what are your other requirements besides "classic", and what do you mean by that (year range)? There are millions of games that could be suggested to fit your requirements only for PC, and are you interested in other platforms?

Well, I have a PSX, a PS2, a PSP and a PS3.

To further specify, I tend to like games with unusual main characters. I like Xenophage and Ecco and Wolf and Battlebeast and Primal Rage and Bloody Roar and Alien Rampage etc. etc. because the protagonist is or can be a non-human creature.
I think it must be a reminiscence of when I was a little kid and loved cartoons with animals.

I don't like it however when the protagonist is an antrophomorfized cartoony animal, like in Brutal: Paws Of Fury or in Aero the Acro-bat and so on.

So I guess I'm asking if there's any other platform game or fighting game of somekind with this kind of protagonist.

Really, this all started when I discovered Xenophage and thought "what? How'd I miss this game back in the days? Are there more that I didn't know about??"