Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-07-2006, 02:43 AM   #1
Tobu

I put a similar post on the main tread of X-com apocalypse, and after I found this troubleshooting forum, so I apologyze for the misslocation of the first one. I downloaded this game from this site a few days ago.

The fact is that I can run the game normally in Dos-Box (v0,62 or v0,63, can´t remeber right now) tought it´s a bit slow (wich anyways it seems to be common with it) and music works half of the time (while sound effects work normally). The problem beggins when I try to save the game. My save game files dissappear as fast as I create them. I mean, after creating the save game (while the screen is going black in order to show the city map) I can see how the save game file is replaced by an empty slot. That´s it, I can´t load my games so I have to start a new game each time :tai: I want to play.

Plz help. I´m getting really bored of raiding those sirius temples while I wait for the firsts UFO´s to come. Maybe it´s needn´t to say, but in the main menu screen the Load game button doesn´t work, but it does alon the game in the options menu screen (altought it shows a frustrating table full of emty slots :wallbash: )

Thanks a lot.

Old 14-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Have a look under the SAVE subdirectory of the game directory. Make sure that subdirectory exists - if not, create it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Tobu

Thanks, Horseman; but as I said in the other topic, it doesn´work. Should be any other file inside the Save subdirectory in order to make it work properly? Or it just doesn´t need any file inside?

Old 14-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'll check with my copy of the game and tell you on Monday.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #5

Thanks man, atm you dont have to do it. After unzipping the file for second time everything works normally. A directory and two files were lost at the first time. Thanks.