Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
alcarda

Default [yoni0505] Skyroads, ?, ?, ?

Hello, I remember some pc-games I played in my childhood. I would love to know their names and maybe play them again ... If you have any ideas of their names, I am happy to hear. Sorry for the bad English, is it not my native language.

The first game was playable with a Joystick. As far as I remember, you sat in something like a little spaceship and saw the interior of it in front of you.
You did not have to shoot, there were no enemies. The goal was to "fly" (I guess you were in the space, but always on a ground, like on a "space-street") through the levels. The challenge: there were barriers/obstacles to jump over and to evade of them. It was like a obstacle parcour in the space.
I think the level was failed when you fell down of the space-street or hit a barrier.

Another game: 2d-game perspective. You sat in a plane and had to control it. Unfortunately I don't remember too much ... There ware balloons I guess. Maybe you had to shoot them, I don't know. I think the character you played was not human, a bear maybe.

The third game (2d) is not too old I guess. You could play it with a friend, maybe with even more than 2 players. Everyone had a tank and you could equip it with a lot of weapons, guns, ... Goal was to destroy the other tank. The challenge: you had to position the gun, to make it hit the other tank. Often you would just hit the ground. The graphic was pretty simple. I think of green ground, blue air and the tanks, but no special details.

Fourth question: I am still searching for the Asteroid, Meteroid I played like 10-12 years ago. You had a spaceship and had to destroy the asteroids that came to you. I have been searching, but I never found the version I played. I remember that you could get immortal and invisible. When you were immortal, there was a blue shield around your spaceship.

I have a lot more games in my mind, but I would already be happy If you could help me with some of those I mentioned now.
I searched on abandonia, and I think I did not find any of the games. But still, you can say if you found a game here that matches to my description. Maybe I overlooked it...

Thanks in advance
alcarda is offline                         Send a private message to alcarda
Old 13-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
yoni0505
Forum hobbit

Exclamation

i think i know the first 1, check out if its Skyroads, abandonia got it!

the 3 is tanks that you aim angle and power? if this is te one i dont remember the name... XP
yoni0505 is offline                         Send a private message to yoni0505
Old 13-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
alcarda

Yes it is Skyroads, now that I see the pictures on abandonia! 1993 ... I never thought it was that old. And it is even free to download here. Thank you

Quote:
the 3 is tanks that you aim angle and power?
Yes that's right

Thank you for your help
alcarda is offline                         Send a private message to alcarda
Old 14-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i'm almost sure that the second one is talespin

as for the 4th one, try checking screenshots of some of those

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 14-04-2008 at 10:20 AM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 14-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
GTX2GvO
The (Web)Space Pirate

I MUST guess that number 3 IS Scorched Earth... Great Game in my opinion.

It's Even on Abandonia AND you can DOWNLOAD it!! :nuts:

Member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
GTX2GvO is offline                         Send a private message to GTX2GvO