Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-05-2006, 04:41 AM   #111

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ledhed @ May 22 2006, 05:59 PM) [snapback]231735[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Ok I am at dos box now trying to dowload vs. .65 ffor windows

Is it like an emulator ?

You are requesting file: /dosbox/DOSBox0.65-win32-installer.exe

Not having much luck ..
[/b]
I see a lot people having trouble with configuring DosBox :wallbash: . Use D-Fend v2.0 - a dosbox shell. it is very conveniently. k:

Old 30-05-2006, 05:06 AM   #112

>Just check with the fortune teller to keep track of how much you still have to improve your luck. >Apparently if she tells you your luck is strong and "...you have nothing to fear..." isn't enough yet.
>My estimate would be that some 50 times donating just over 50% of your cash on hand should do the trick, >regardless of how doomed you are at the start.

donating calculates depending on the gold in your hands (goods and bank account - invisible).
Donating technique: donate 1/2 then pray, until you have 2 golds or less.
to check your progress load your saved game into hex editor, find your Last Name, from the start of your last name move +12h here's your luck.

Luck cant be more then 100(64h). If you are muslim(ALI) you need to sail a very long way back to Ottoman empire to find a mosque.

Old 30-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #113
ahnassi

PS.if you will not Pray after Donate your donation can have no effect.
PPS. Save your game before checking your luck. to locate your portion in saved file use Money HEX search, as described before.

Old 31-05-2006, 03:00 AM   #114
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Donate 10 times the 10th part of your wealth or gold, i dont remember and you get max luck... i dont care about that, i am my own luck
Old 31-05-2006, 07:04 AM   #115
ahnassi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(laiocfar @ May 31 2006, 03:00 AM) [snapback]233391[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Donate 10 times the 10th part of your wealth or gold, i dont remember and you get max luck... i dont care about that, i am my own luck
[/b]
Do you mean PC version?

10th part gives you only +1 point per donation
but 1/2 gives you + 9 points per donation.
Quote:
Percentage of Cash on Hand donated - Luck increase
----------------------------------------------------
Less than 10% - None
10% - 1 point
11% - 2 points
12% - 3 points
13% - 14 % - 4 points
15% - 16% - 5 points
17% - 20% - 6 points
21% - 25% - 7 points
26% - 33% - 8 points
34% - 50% - 9 points
51% and up - 10 points
[/b]
When I started with ALI he has 0Ch (12%) luck. According to manual, as soon as I borrow my 1st 1000 I ran to mosque and donated that 1000 by 1/2 parts and got luck 5Dh(93%).

All that I said related to PC version

Old 31-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #116
Ahnassi

I found new North trade route.
Buy dye at Hamburg sell at Copenhagen. Buy Glassware at Copenhagen and sell at Hamburg.
adjust economy in "Other" category 150% at Hamburg, and 50% at Copenhagen.

here is a calculation. for my fleet

it takes 6 days to make 1 round

This route gives you enough money to build a good fleet and quickly invest in all north cities:
Bourdeaux, Bristol, Copenhagen,Hamburg,Lubeck, Antwerp. And you still have a money to get Full-Rigged ship.

Old 31-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #117
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Nice excel

But "adjusting" the economy seems to imply hexediting.
Same with having a tax permit so early in the game.

I think I'd still prefer the classic Athens - Istanbul and Amsterdam - Timbuktu routes to start with.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #118
Ahnassi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ May 31 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]233452[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Nice excel

But "adjusting" the economy seems to imply hexediting.
Same with having a tax permit so early in the game.

I think I'd still prefer the classic Athens - Istanbul and Amsterdam - Timbuktu routes to start with.
[/b]
This economy adjusting is made by fair trading. buy Dye by lot of 100, sell Glassware by lot of 350-360. At Copenhagen you should sell Dye by lot of 100 and buy Glassware by lot of 350.
One time for those 6 LaReales is enough to turn 100%-100% into 150%-50%.
after you have adjusted both economies you can buy only 200 dye instead of 350. The effect of 200 covers the effect of 350. saving on 150 dye lot gives you 19000gp.

The same is true for Athens-Istanbul. When price Index adjusted (50%-150%) you can spend less on buying carpets. Just buy only 200 instead of 350. saving on 150 carpets gives you some additional profit.

Genoa(Linen cloth)-Pisa(Silk Cloth) is not a good trade route. Because Pisa also produces Linen Cloth the effect of selling Linen Cloth in Pisa reduced twice. The better route is Pisa(Silk Cloth)-Naples(Wool Cloth).

Having tax permit early in the game - peace of cake. Go to Tripoli , wait till 2:00-2:40AM, go to Item Shop, and you can get a turkey tax free permit for only 10000gp. In my case Ottoman Suleiman II gave me that permit for free as a reward for a good job.

About Amsterdam-Timbuktu as a North trade route:
The best trade route with no doubt is Istanbul-Athens. The only reason to switch to North is to build a good fleet of LaReales or Full-Riggeds and to develop key ports. If you do Amsterdam-Timbuktu, then you cannot invest in time into key ports. If you do Hamburg-Copenhagen you can [invest in every North city every month]+[order new super ships]+[made trade route 3 times per month] because you are always at North.
And one more thing: Timbuktu needs to be invested 1-2 times and waiting 1-2 month.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #119
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

Gaining early game tax permit.

*- item available at Item shop between 2:00-2:40 AM. Icon at Item shop will be darkened as if it does not works. Enter anyway and you will get special items.

Tax Free Permit (E)(*)
Definition:
A permit issued by England. It gives one tax-exempt status when trading
in ports allied with England.
Price: $10,000 Gold.
Ports: Danzig.

Tax Free Permit (H)(*)
Definition:
A permit issued by Holland. It gives one tax-exempt status when trading
in ports allied with Holland.
Ports: Antwerp.

Tax Free Permit (I)(*)
Definition:
A permit issued by Italy. It gives one tax-exempt status when trading
in ports allied with Italy.
Ports: Syracuse.

Tax Free Permit (P)(*)
Definition:
A permit issued by Portugal. It gives one tax-exempt status when trading
in ports allied with Portugal.
Ports: Salonika.

Tax Free Permit (S)(*)
Definition:
A permit issued by Spain. It gives one tax-exempt status when trading
in ports allied with Spain.
Ports: Azov.

Tax Free Permit (T)(*)
Definition:
A permit issued by Turkey. It gives one tax-exempt status when trading
in ports allied with Turkey.
Ports: Tripoli.

BTW , when I played with ALI the guard at the palace says that Tax permit costs 70000!!!. I'd better buy one at Tripoli.

PS. When you invest into a port it becomes ally with your country(check ally status at Inn->Port Info). And tax permit start working. To check this go to the market and try to buy something . If broker says "You have tax permit..." it is good. If not then Invest more into Market and/or Shipyard. The only need to buy foreign permits is to trade in capitals. Because capitals does not allow to invest.
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi
Old 01-06-2006, 01:56 AM   #120
Ahnassi
Forum hobbit

How to increase ALI's Intuition and Knowledge?
He is dumb as rock :wallbash: . I can't learn my hero any skills(gunnery-not enough courage, cartography -not enough something else, Celestial Navigation - not enough something else).
Ahnassi is offline                         Send a private message to Ahnassi