Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Zakhal

Default Zakhal - WarWizard

Hi

I have a crpg from 1994 called War Wizard made by Brad Mqcueen (key designer of everquest) and never released. Brad gave permission to share it so there is no problem of making it abandonware.

More info in this thread:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WarWizard
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showt...?t=7824&page=2

Quote:
The player acts as a "WarWizard", a powerful magic-using character that fights and completes quests. WarWizard features VGA graphics and sound effects, but touted greater emphasis on gameplay than on anything else.
One notable feature of the game was its combat mode, which featured the ability to target specific parts of an opponent's body, hampering movement or disabling the opponents altogether, rendering them unable to flee from the battle or to retaliate. The same thing could also happen to the player, WarWizard, himself.
If you want the zip (14mb) mail me (<<<I sent you the email already. Sorry. no emails allowed on the forum.>>>) or post in the above thread.

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 20-08-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Zakhal is offline                         Send a private message to Zakhal
Old 20-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Normally, this game wouldn't have been suitable for AB (because of it's release problems, we only accept games that were once commercial), but since the shareware limited version was actually somewhat released, it's good. I sent you an email, and thank you very much.
Old 20-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
Zakhal

Didnt know about the shareware thing. There was an amiga version too. Anyways its now uploaded under my nick. Hopefully you find a reviewer!
Zakhal is offline                         Send a private message to Zakhal
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
Hausen

Hello!

This is very fortunate, I've been looking into the current state of this game for a long time. Even found a non-working shareware version in a torrent site, so I'm still without the game. Can you please mail it to me? Thanks
Hausen is offline                         Send a private message to Hausen
Old 03-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #5
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
Hello!

This is very fortunate, I've been looking into the current state of this game for a long time. Even found a non-working shareware version in a torrent site, so I'm still without the game. Can you please mail it to me? Thanks
Only if you agree to review it for us. If not there is one more place where you can take it, so don't worry.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I checked that forum... do we have working version now? Perhaps contacting zakhal again?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 03-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
I checked that forum... do we have working version now? Perhaps contacting zakhal again?
Yes, with valuable help from someone else we figured out the problem.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
Hausen

Hmm it'd be an honor to review it, just that it seems to be a big game that would take me some time, for a good playthrough and for writing the review, not sure if that'd be ok. In the meantime I'll also check with that RPG Watch post... that filedropper link is giving me some troubles. Thanks for the offer!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
Hmm it'd be an honor to review it, just that it seems to be a big game that would take me some time, for a good playthrough and for writing the review, not sure if that'd be ok. In the meantime I'll also check with that RPG Watch post... that filedropper link is giving me some troubles. Thanks for the offer!
Ok, I'll send you the game.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #10
Hausen

In this short period of time I've began playing the game and memories are coming back to me. I'll be sure to report back when I have a significative amount of written material. I might need help and guidance when thinking about upload format, in what form do I upload and all, but all in all I'm first having the playthrough to review it.