Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-12-2009, 07:01 AM   #1
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Default The Climate Change Conference

So, from what I gather, there has been very little success for the CCC. To paraphrase the Iranian president: Let us pray.

Did the CCC ever stand a chance? Was it just a show? A show never meant to produce any real changes? What about the actors? Did they cast this show right? How about the politicians stayed at home and the CEO's and share holders were the ones having that conference? Why was the CCC a failure? Has it been a failure?

Any thoughts?
Old 21-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

There's only one possible solution: Invade China! Force them to stop polluting! Also, plant more trees. I've planted at least two so far, how about you?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 21-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Stick the CEO's of multinational polluters against the wall. Or be diplomatic. Maybe a bit from column A and B
Old 21-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Himmler
Trollmaster General

i just hope every human will die in about 100 years. cause i'm not a racist and i believe we are parasites here. ofc nothing will change.highway to hell all the way baby!
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 22-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #5
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Our Prime Minister, Stephen Harper. Lets just say i liked him at first when he came to power, but now...well, im no hippy, but i know the Tar Sands are really bad, and they need to be shut down, and lots of nations and internal organizations are pressuring him, but as long as the oil companies and money are there, it'll never change

DOWN WITH THE TAR SANDS

EDIT: Mankind will probably be dead within 200 years at least anyways, so theres not a whole lotta point in changing, we've already dug ourselves to deep. We're sowing what we reap.

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 22-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Himmler
Trollmaster General

don't be so grim! we'll all die in 50 years!
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 22-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

in 2 actually
Old 23-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I don't trust them R.u.s.s, they didn't see the white guys invading.
Old 23-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
Saccade
[BANNED]

What I don't get is how the world's two biggest polluters - the US and China - are able to trade tokens like freaking Pokemon cards to allow them to produce *more* pollution each year, yet say they're producing less. They also manage to get away with conforming to regulations that they practically set themselves through political (ie. stubborn, but stubborn with nuclear weapons) by getting these tokens from nations that don't pollute as much as their "alloted" pollution max limit.

What's worse, is that there are these smarmy, sweating, wants-to-hump-your-leg slimey people who call themselves Brokers of this pollution credit scam. And, surprisingly enough, I know one of them.
He used to go out with an ex of mine from a few years ago. What. a. twat.

This guy says he believes that he is working to better the environment and all of mankind, that he is doing the world a big favour...
If he really believes that, then he is a fucking stupid, manicured and arse-crack-waxing nancy-boy. If he's lying then he's a fucking lying [as above].

Whenever I see him, he always brings it up.
I think that he likes seeing me get really pissed off at him and start bawling him out.
I think he likes to do that himself - defending himself using the people and the environment and the world as his fantasy shield...

Really, it is just because I can't stand the fact that he says he is right and it's obvious to everyone that he's either stupid, in which case he needs silencing before he does any damage, or he's a liar.
In which case he has to tell the truth and I'm not allowed to pin him down and put cigarettes out on his face, put something to his throat and immobilize him or put a rag over his face and water-board him. Not even allowed to spear vital parts of his anatomy with needles and, yes - not even put him in a nice warm bubble bath (after a freezing shower) and then slowly up the voltage on the power transformer wired to the bathtub...

I like snow and the cold (not too cold!) and the warmer winters and stuff.
Why'd they have to have the climate conference at a time when everyone's busy with xmas and enjoying the "climateshiftiscoming" snow..?
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 23-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

If you waterboard him, can I watch? love ya Pete. *hides under a rock in Pakistan just to be on the safe side* Just do what Dad does: when he shakes your hand, crush it. Crush it so he can't use it again! Nah... Psychological warfare, mate. Spend the whole evening talking to his left ear. Get his name wrong, they hate that. Sit smoking with your eyes half closed and nod and say hmmm to everything he says. Keep staring at his left ear. Whenever he says something truly selfimportant hook your leg over the arm of the chair to show how little you care Silent communication and not losing your temper works so much better. Although if you do kidnap him and bogwash him remember to wear full ninja swat gear, k?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete