|17-06-2017, 09:25 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2017
[Bugamn] Moonbase Commander
I'm trying to remember a game I played over the LAN with some friends. It was a turn-based 4X type of game where each player had a time limit to use their limited number of actions. I recall my friend bought the license so it was shareware.
The mechanics I remember are:
- Each player starts with a power source
- Need to build other units and connect them to a power source
- The distance is very important, but you didn't directly place units. You sort of "launched" them somehow
- Can set up spherical shields
- One of the weapons was a nuclear bomb
It was played on terrain, but I thought it was space-themed. The graphics were abstract and not photo-realistic.
I think the game was played on a triangle grid, but it could have also been diamond grid, square grid, or hexes. I think it was completely flat, but there might have been some basic height fields.
When did you play the game?
- early 2000s, but game already seemed kind of "old" by then
What computer did it run on?
- IBM and compatibles
What operating system did the computer run?
- could have been a DOS game that ran in Windows
What were the graphics like?
- at least 256 color
- VGA, SVGA, SXGA? Don't remember exactly
- Abstract art
What was the music like?
- not PC Beeper
Were there speech?
- not that I remember
What was the gameplay like?
- 4X TBS
Which perspective were you given there?
- Top-down, Third Person, isometric pseudo-3D (2.5D)
Last edited by Mighty Midget; 24-08-2017 at 12:34 PM.
|18-06-2017, 12:41 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2017
Oooh! That's it!
The name instantly rang a bell, but I don't know if I would have recognized it from the screen shots~ much different than I remembered it...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Space strategy turn based Windows game from 90s?||ylac||Forgotten Games Bureau||1||17-10-2016 12:50 AM|
|Unknown Space Turn-Based Strategy Game||eko13wf||Forgotten Games Bureau||13||25-03-2016 11:07 PM|
|Turn based, strategy DOS or Windows game||Orwin||Forgotten Games Bureau||5||03-03-2015 11:02 PM|
|Turn based, tank, air battle Strategy game||RodneyA||Forgotten Games Bureau||2||18-11-2013 09:54 PM|
|Turn based strategy game Windows 95||mackdesign||Forgotten Games Bureau||6||21-07-2013 10:24 AM|