Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #21
Calamity
Game freak

Hey gang, I just did a search to find the post about the cd version and I came up empty handed. Would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction because I loved this game and think it would be swell to have the talkie version (plus who can go wrong with mouse support :P).

Thanks a bunch.

EDIT-Scratch that I found it on a site. Hopefully 1)It works properly and 2)Firefox's resume function will cooperate with it since it's 94.9mb and I'm on 56k.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 17-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #22
Calamity
Game freak

Sorry for the double post but I need a bit of assistance. I ended up getting the download but I seem to have run into a problem when it comes to sound. I burned the iso that came in the installer and then ran the installer. Only two files installed to the directory so I tried hand copying the others that I thought were important. Then the game kept crashing. I fiddled with the .config file so now I have the game working but there's no sound (which completely ruins the whole point of me getting the cd version since I already have the non-talkie). I didn't want to link to the site because I didn't want to get in trouble but I don't really know how else to explain what happens than to have you guys check it out. You'll find it here.

EDIT-Just wanted to make it clear that I have tried running it through DOSbox and VDM sound. The update is I can *sometimes* get the sound to work but it's really jerky in DOSbox and if I put anything other than the music on in VDM sound it runs incredibly slow. :eeeeeh:
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity
Old 04-03-2005, 09:47 AM   #23
Socrates

Does this game support a mouse?? and if I run in Dos Mode the game will have music?

Thanx!!

Old 04-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Maybe RUN the game to find out, eh?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #25
Cowowar
Forum hobbit

looks cool, but i can't get the sound to work. anyone else have that problem?
Cowowar is offline                         Send a private message to Cowowar
Old 09-03-2005, 06:09 PM   #26
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Do you use with vdm or dosbox or something like that? I ran it with dosbox and it worked fine for me with sound and all...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #27
Cowowar
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by DonCorleone@Mar 9 2005, 07:09 PM
Do you use with vdm or dosbox or something like that? I ran it with dosbox and it worked fine for me with sound and all...
yeah, i use dosbox, i don't know why it won't work.
Cowowar is offline                         Send a private message to Cowowar
Old 11-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #28

sorry to bother you with my n00b question, but how can I combine objects or use them on other objects in the inventory?

Old 14-03-2005, 09:35 AM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

IIRC, you can't.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Mar 14 2005, 10:35 AM
IIRC, you can't.
so, how do I rub Boleskine's drawing with the soaked cotton? neither simply using the drawing nor the soaked cotton works.