Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #141
Snake_Plissken

One of the best adventure games ever made! I played it for the 3rd time last week.
Snake_Plissken is offline                         Send a private message to Snake_Plissken
Old 20-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #142
Forgotten
Default Graphical trouble

It seems my DosBox screws up at some point. I have 2 different installations of the game (this one and my own, although it is installed from a CD it still has just the floppy elements, heaven knows why...) and both create problems when changing from day to night on day one.

Leaving the house works, although the lower quarter of the screen is a bit messed up (moved to the left, edges with mostly white and purple pixels) moving to the next area (I am not a friend of the map) crashes the game entirely - it looks a bit like static on my analog TV set, just with more colors. Some pixels are red, some green, blacks and whites, purple, blue etc

I have been trying to mess around a bit in the DOSBox Conf-File changing settings on memory usage, graphics emulation and emm, and tried to alter the cycles, but the error occurs everytime.

I'd be glad if someone had any idea where the problem might be and how it maybe coult be avoided. First dai for by now 18 times is daaaamned boring.

Old 20-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #143
Lhug

Seeing as i remembered my username and password ^^

first, the above is my post, second, missing info...

OS Windows 7,
Emulating DOS Environment via DosBox 0.74
Standard DoxBox Settings 16MB ram, 13k cycles vga emulation automatic

If any more information is needed, feel free to ask ^^
Lhug is offline                         Send a private message to Lhug
Old 30-11-2011, 06:17 PM   #144
Yithian Master

Hey guys,

I recently was doing some cleaning in my house and found my old games collection, with Shadow of the Comet CD version among them.

So, I decided to make a copy in case the original imploded and I am currently playing it. I remember it being awesome and nothing has changed. To me, SotC is one of the best adventure games ever.

I have one problem with it, though. I have both text and voice activated, and the text lasts too long. By the time a character has finished speaking, in most cases, the first dialogue is still being displayed. There is an option to accelerate the text, but that accelerates the whole game, and trying to compensate it by decreasing cycles is the same as if I had done nothing.

Any ideas, guys?