Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
Spy Vs. Spy!

Default Elvira I - Mistress of The Dark! [SOLD]

Hey people!

I just wanted to ask whether there are any chances of adding the RPG "Elvira: Mistress of the Dark" to your marvellous and ever growing collection? I am pretty sure it's abandonware, since it's been developed by "Horrorsoft" and published by "Accolade" around 1990 (maybe 89). Now, as far as I understand neither of the companies is ESA, nor do they exist anymore. Right?

I remember being scared straight out of my pants playing Elvira as a youngster, lost in a vast castle, harrased by blood-thirsty guards and fishlike monstrosities, clinging to the hope of helping that buxotic creature Elvira. :blink:

Emm. Marvellous game.

Cheers!
Spy Vs. Spy! is offline                         Send a private message to Spy Vs. Spy!
Old 27-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Accolade is not an ESA-member. One of the last updates (Altered Destiny) was released by them in the same year as Elvira (1990 by the way). I would welcome the game as well. Nice little RPG. Now to find someone who has it... k:

Edit: I found the DVD of this terrible movie on which the game probably is based on Ebay... ouch :not_ok: Imdb - Elvira Mistress of the Dark (1988)
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 27-05-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
Spy Vs. Spy!

Oh, the movie. :whistle:

Well, I have seen the movie after playing the game and was quite amazed at its quality (or the lack thereof) - the game, however, is an A+! It is really quite sinister, moody but also quite funny in a completely weird way. You should give it a chance if you ever come accross it.

Hey, Lords of Abandonia, any chances there? I'll write you a long and elaborate review, if that helps? No?
Spy Vs. Spy! is offline                         Send a private message to Spy Vs. Spy!
Old 27-05-2005, 11:18 PM   #4
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

A medium-length but elaborate review would be nice, but we'd need the game first off, which is the hard bit
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 27-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #5
Spy Vs. Spy!

I just happened to notice that the site called "The House of Games" actually offers Elvira:MOTD in their RPG section.

However, I just love this site (Abandonia, that is) so much that I will write that review anyway if you should ever come accross this game.

Really.

Regards!
Old 28-05-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
Swiebertje13
Abandonia nerd

Elvira is still sold:
http://www.adventuresoft.com/acatalog/Othe...Soft_games.html
Swiebertje13 is offline                         Send a private message to Swiebertje13
Old 17-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

And continues to be sold.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman