Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 04:00 PM.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 28-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
Hobocop

I have a problem. The game says to hold shift down and press a cursor key to walk slowly, but that doesn't work. I can't unlock doors or get inside robots. HAYULP!

Old 28-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

It only works when you walk with the numpad cursors, not the normal ones.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 28-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Boy can I pick them. Within the first 24 hours this game is on the board there have been 2 posts. The first for something that could have been answered if the Tech Notes at the bottom of the review had been glanced at, and the second a reply to that.

Maybe it's this international crowd. In America at least every school had an Apple IIe lab in 1984 (Apple was hoping it would make them last, and it did) and this game, while not as popular as Rocky's Boots (Comming Soon!) sales wise, was much cooler as far as I was concerned. I played them both in the same lab. I thought that others did too.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 30-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #5

In America at least every school had an Apple IIe lab in 1984 (Apple was hoping it would make them last, and it did) and this game, while not as popular as Rocky's Boots (Comming Soon!) sales wise, was much cooler as far as I was concerned. I played them both in the same lab. I thought that others did too.
[/quote]

An Apple IIe lab in 1984? Man.... we still had TRS-80 (pronounced "TRaSh-80") Model II's (yep, the 4kb!!! RAM variant) well up until the late 1980's in my American public school. I think by that time their value as historical artifacts was considered too valuable, so the Smithsonian finally bought them from us and was nice enough to replace them with a few used and alread outdated Macintosh's.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #6
dsula

Amazing game. In fact it's a small logic designer including circuit simulator. And it supports hierarchy, too.
I degree in electrical engineering comes in handy here, that's for sure.
Too bad it's so damn cumbersome to play.
Picking up one item at a time, having to store everything inside robots, and then the soldering using the keyboard. It takes an ethernety to wire up a complicated circuit.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #7
guesst
Abandonia Homie

First of all, tell me what you mean my "heirchy?"

I'm a sucker for games with this sort of untapped potential. I love to play them then plan what I would if I were to make a sequel.

For RO, I always thought speeding up the circuit design would be manditory. Mouse control minimum. Also, a bigger inventory and better access to everything.

Then, I'd add some sort of action based side quests not necessary to the main game but that if you completed you would earn an auto wiring chip that if plugged into the robot would solve the puzzles for you. That way if you were less mechanically enclined you could still have hope of beating the game.

Character based conversations would be a must and a storyline. Infact, I actually thought one up a while back that would justify the game and make the whole thing work. However, posting it here would probably cross the line of obsessed wierdo.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #8
dsula

It's a game of logic. Actually it's the purest form of logic, boolean logic. There's no room for action in this game. It's your brain against the world. If you need action, play an FPS. It just amazes me that this is in fact a small schematic capture program with circuit simulator. That's the same kind of software you use to design modern micro chips (I agree, they are a bit more powerful). This game is a gem. I'd love a sequel, just for the fact that the control is such a pain.

By the way, what's your c program doing in the signature line? Is it worthwhile to compile it? Is it a good game?

Old 02-06-2006, 04:30 AM   #9
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Maybe i should start a thread explaining this. If you have a c complier installed there should be no reason not to drop this program in. It's a game. Try to get the left 3x3 board to look like the right 3x3 board. You can only push the number buttons that are visible (not '.'). Pushing different buttons yields different results. Learn to predict what happens to win.

I have others. When I have time (maybe in a week) I'll start a thread for all my programs, including the bigger version of this game.
Old 19-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #10
Guest_David_*

I always played with the joystick on my Apple II, which is at least 4x better than wiring circuits with the keyboard. I actually beat the game when I was only 8 years old, and it's always been one of my favorites