Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
Elvarg

I'm going around abandonware sites to re-claim my collection of games I played a good 10-12 years earlier. I already have almost all of my favorites - Magic Pockets, Zeliard, Xargon, Supaplex, Bumpy, Cisco, the Dangerous Dave series, the Gobliiins series, Jones in the Fast Lane, Lotus, and Volfied.

I found most games I remember by name, but identifying the game I remember but can't name is harder. So this is the following game I'm still looking for:

- It is a 10-15 year old game
- It is a shooter (not 3D)
- It has at least 3 levels, and each level is played from a different perspective.
- The first level is left-to-right platform, you run around and jump, and shoot enemies (people and animals too)
- The second level is top-down, like GTA, you run around, shoot and jump (when you jump your character looks larger, since he's supposed to be closer to you, as you are in a top-down view).
- The third level is left-to-right platform again, but this time you fly in a jetpack shooting down enemy ships and units.
- Either EGA or VGA, probably VGA because has a "natural" color theme feeling (e.g. not overcontrast arcadish colors, but realstic, "soft" colors, mostly with a green and brown theme).
- At least in the first level you can find and use different weapons.
- Compared to most platform games, your character in the first level appears pretty large on screen (perhaps in height 1/4 of the screen height), or at least thats what I remember when playing it).

Please note the DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES - there are very few games out there that change perspectives during the gameplay itself, like this one does - from left-to-right platform to top-down and back to left-to-right). This should narrow down your choices, and with the other data, if you ever knew the game by name, you should be able to tell what it is.

Thanks for your help.
Elvarg is offline                         Send a private message to Elvarg
Old 05-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This sounds a lot like Contra, but that's a console game...
Old 05-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #3
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-select-start!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 05-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

I have a very vague feeling that I remember a game called After The War that was supposed to be a bit like that, especially with the oversized character sprites. Don't know if it was for PC though.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 05-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
Elvarg

The game I played certainly was for PC. It could well be a console conversion though.
Elvarg is offline                         Send a private message to Elvarg