Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #131
Jessica Davison
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Davison View Post
If you're careful, this one character can take any enemy or group of enemies in the game, without cheating.
One point that I forgot to mention: due to a bug, one of the enemies in the area around the enemy base can't be hit by melee weapons. You might consider investing in 1 point of Energy Weapons, and carrying one of the top end energy weapons and a couple of power packs, in case you run into this enemy.

Old 25-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #132
shadowmirage

I've been merrily playing this game for a fair while now and I've noticed that it keeps freezing every now and then when I enter combat. In the beginning this happened so rarely that it didn't bother me much, but now every time I play the game its almost guaranteed to freeze at some point. The only option I have when this happens is to quit Boxer (I'm on a macbook), often losing some progress as a result. I wonder if any one else is having this particular problem, and if so, is there a solution to it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm beginning to get frustrated to the point where I wonder whether it's worth continuing the game with the freezing so frequent .
shadowmirage is offline                         Send a private message to shadowmirage
Old 28-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #133
Heran

I had that problem too. Alt + Tab for Fullscreen modus right at the title screen solved it.
Heran is offline                         Send a private message to Heran
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #134
Axiom
Forum hobbit

It seems so many people can't find their way INTO the cave, my problem is getting OUT.

Found the cave in Highpoint, killed the dog, got some jewerly... wandered my way to the back of the cave and found someone.

When I go into encounter mode they ask me to lead them out.

Uh how? the only thing I can do is attack them!

Also, how do you heal in this game? Is there any way I can just hit space or something to pass time to speed up healing? Between the dog and slipping on rocks... everyone is really beat up...
Axiom is offline                         Send a private message to Axiom
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #135
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Hardcore Gaming 101 community presents: Game Club 199X.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gwfr01bm8wr6vj9

A second episode of a community project, where we play a randomly picked game out of many hand-picked titles and play that for a month without using any cheats, faqs, guides, walkthroughs or emulation tricks live savestates. Then 3 members make an hour-long (or so) podcast about it.

And as you can probably guess, this episode is about Wasteland. It features xerxes and Snarboo, who were part of the first episode, and yours truly. Enjoy.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 14-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #136
kukikuki

I just wanted to notify community here that Brian Fargo is making Wasteland 2 if enough people pledge through Kickstarter.

Please go to:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

It is already backed with $600k out of $900k needed after 27 hours.

If you would like to finally get some old school cRPG made please consider pledging some amount which will grant you a game already at $15.

Box version is $50 and CE version $100.

Best,
kukikuki is offline                         Send a private message to kukikuki
Old 16-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #137
Deregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmirage View Post
I've been merrily playing this game for a fair while now and I've noticed that it keeps freezing every now and then when I enter combat.
This is due to the mouse. Anyone know of a way to disable mouse in DOSBox/D-Fend Reloaded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
When I go into encounter mode they ask me to lead them out.

Uh how? the only thing I can do is attack them!
You need to Hire them. Note that you won't be resolving any quests by hiring this person, you'll just be getting an NPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
Also, how do you heal in this game? Is there any way I can just hit space or something to pass time to speed up healing? Between the dog and slipping on rocks... everyone is really beat up...
Hold down Esc. If you want an easy way to do it, use a macro. That is, hold CTRL and press a function key, F1-F10. Hold down Esc. After a while, press CTRL+F1 again, and next time you just have to push F1 to rest. Make sure you make the macro in a safe place, obviously.

Old 19-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #138
kukikuki

Does anyone know about the book guide that was released for Wasteland?

Wasteland Survival Guide

I cannot find any references to it.

Thx very much in advance
kukikuki is offline                         Send a private message to kukikuki
Old 09-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #139
Dewfire
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dewfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukikuki View Post
I just wanted to notify community here that Brian Fargo is making Wasteland 2 if enough people pledge through Kickstarter.

Please go to:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

It is already backed with $600k out of $900k needed after 27 hours.

If you would like to finally get some old school cRPG made please consider pledging some amount which will grant you a game already at $15.

Box version is $50 and CE version $100.

Best,
I've contributed! Admins, any chance we could get something about this in the main page News feed?
Dewfire is offline                         Send a private message to Dewfire
Old 09-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #140
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Its been on several news sites, there's a thread about it here and it has already been mentioned on this sites Twitter and Facebook. I think people know by now.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen