Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fifth_horseman

I think this version of the game does not have the sounds included.
According to the description on this site, the sound effects should be included, just no voices or music - why else include a file marked "SOUNDS.DAT"?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by arete; 16-02-2010 at 06:06 AM. Reason: html

Old 18-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #192
Twig
Smile

Okay, the ending to this game DOES SUCK! I didn't read the forum before, so I didn't know what I was in for. I thought maybe I had missed something. What were these people thinking? I guess they really DID run out of money! Anyway, I just want to see this supposed better ending. My ending is something about my birthday...etc. I just don't understand how that could be an ending. He's like woo-hoo, I'm glowing, then pft. Some guy starts talking, the speech is jerky at first so I miss part of it, it stops jerking but I still can't hear, I turn it up way loud and then I hear something about my birthday. WTF? I was going to play the end again to hear everything, but I was like, why? What I did hear didn't make any sense. Is it like the Matrix in reverse? Does he plug in and then become enslaved instead of unplugging and becoming free? I can't even begin to understand. Either these people are way too smart for me or way to stupid. I'm sure that ending made sense to a delusional person. I'm sure there's some weirdo sitting at home right now, watching the ending and saying to theirself, "Wow! That is brilliant! Screw Scientology!" Yes, I said it...this ending probably makes sense to Tom Cruise.

Anyway, sorry about that. Could somebody with the other ending just tell me what happens? Just type it out and put us all out of our misery. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. By the way, the puzzles in this game are so easy it's like a monkey made them up. Hmmm. I think I may be on to something here.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #193
RyuRanX

Send a message via AIM to RyuRanX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkey diver

I downloaded the original iso image off torrentspy and the game installed and works with xp. Nice speech and everything. its a pretty cool game.
Thanks for your tip

Last edited by arete; 16-02-2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: html
RyuRanX is offline                         Send a private message to RyuRanX
Old 13-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #194
sinktothebeat

Hi guys, I've downloaded some games from this wonderful site before.
This is the only one I've had trouble with. I'm pretty much inept with computers, the only reason I've been able to figure out how to run these games if my profound love for sierra games.
I DO have dosbox. I right-click Fable, select Run with VDMS, and either it goes black, and I have to control-alt-delete it, or it says something illegal happened and closes on itself, or, it automatically shuts down the program and my properties are huge, and I have like, two colours (like the guest before me).

Sorry if my descriptions suck, or if the solution is really obvious.. I'm a seveteen year old girl with no computer smarts whatsoever!

So if you guys can solve my little problem, please explain slowly, ahaha.

you can e-mail me at [BEEEP]@hotmail.com, or just post it here.

Old 14-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #195
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

First of all, you should have checked the Compatibility info in the review. Since it doesn't show VDMSound icon, it means that the game will not work with VDMSound.

If you're not familiar with DosBox, you might want to check out the official DosBox FAQ, and especially this part of it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #196
Thorin

That problem with non working speech in dos version under DOSBox is caused by cracked DOS executable file of the game. Ripped version without speech.dat which is available on this site, has DOS executable adjusted so it doesn't check cd in the drive and also SPEECH.DAT - cos it's rip. Windows executable of this game, which is also in the archive, is not cracked, because was not needed to crack it - Windows use another way to work with files, so the method, that authors used probably works even with missing files like SPEECH.DAT.

I have adjusted executable for DOS version, that don't need cd but uses SPEECH.DAT, so it... yeaa.. TALK

If anybody wanted it, post here a message, and I will try to place it somewhere...
(or i can say how to adjust it, if placing link to adjusted exe will be violating of rules for this site - it's really simple, if you have nice hexeditor)

Also I'm interested in that US version, which should have another ending. Btw... is that true or only some rumors? Can someone prove, that US version had another ending than UK version?

Old 11-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #197
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Posting a link to a modified executable is allright as long as the game isn't still sold or protected.
Since Fable has fully confirmed Abandonware status, feel free to post it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-04-2007, 10:59 PM   #198

so it's even now broken yes. Let me now, please!

Old 19-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #199
Thorin

All right, here is that "fixed" exe.

http://rs118.rapidshare.com/files/25...fab_speech.rar
Thorin is offline                         Send a private message to Thorin
Old 21-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #200
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

and here is speech.dat
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tvgum1
(i also included the fixed exe posted before and menu theme song, which was also ripped)