Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 PM   #31
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by T42

Sure - get some bad guys to follow you into the room and paralyze them so they're stuck on the squares you get teleported back to, a bit tricky but it can be done. This means you can safely walk across all the other squares in the room. This litle trick can be useful later on to if members of the team die at inconvenient times!

The bit with the disappearing keys is after fagranc I think - in the sewers, It'd be be interesting to see what hapens when you get there...

Addictive though isn't it?
Will paralyzing foes that stand on this tile to which you get teleported work? I mean, I tried blocking this tile with one of my characters and it did not work. Other characters still got teleported to a tile that is both - closest to the blocked destination tile and is free. I don't know if there's any limit on those tiles. Even if I block three tiles (destination tile and both adjoining ones), character that enters a teleporter in front of the chest still gets teleported. So I assume the same thing would happen when those tiles are blocked by monsters.
Or, perhaps there's a certain number of tiles to be blocked to make the chest teleport disabled. But that would be really tricky to gather so many monsters on them.
Anyways, I'll try your advice. Thanks. k: (Don't have the paralyze rune yet, though...)

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: html
Zaru is offline                         Send a private message to Zaru
Old 09-09-2007, 07:09 AM   #32
bah
Lurker

wow, i can't believe there's an active discussion going on about this game! Just after i started playing it again after what? ten years!? haha I really forgot how great this game is, i was too young to really get into it when i first played it.

Anyway, the paralyze trick does work. I had three characters surrounding the first tile infront of the door, and the single enemy on that tile. If that doesn't work, can you teleport?

I found someone's walkthrough on a major google adventure a few days ago but it's really not that detailed. I could post it if anyone here is interested.

Right now i'm stuck on level 2 Fagranc, got past the silver key door but cant find any more keys to get furthur. Im fairly sure i have to turn off the moving spikes in the 'ward room' to get to the chest but i have no idea how. Any help?

Also, on my google adventure for information on the game, i also came across a hex editing tutorial specificially for the saved games. Havent used it yet but if i cant find this freaking topaz key i'm going to make it appear myself!
bah is offline                         Send a private message to bah
Old 09-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #33
T42

It does work - there are 4 squares you can be ported back too so you only need one monster. I think there's a helm/wand that does paralyze, can't remember which one, but useful if you don't have the rune.

I'd be really interested in a walkthrough - I've got to the last room three times now only to find I've run out of enough magical ingredients :wallbash: , though from what I read it's more a matter of luck at that stage.
T42 is offline                         Send a private message to T42
Old 09-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #34
chumloofah
Game freak

I enjoyed some of the things about this game for a while, but some of the puzzles are awkward and totally dependent on either ludicrous amounts of preparation or luck.
This is more than a bit off-putting, and it would be hella better if the game developers had put in a few drops near puzzles that could be used as part of the solution.
And before anyone argues and says they found such and such wand and all that, that's random.
It doesn't count <_<
chumloofah is offline                         Send a private message to chumloofah
Old 12-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #35
Guest_Tom_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah[b
]
wow, i can't believe there's an active discussion going on about this game! Just after i started playing it again after what? ten years!? haha I really forgot how great this game is, i was too young to really get into it when i first played it.

Anyway, the paralyze trick does work. I had three characters surrounding the first tile infront of the door, and the single enemy on that tile. If that doesn't work, can you teleport?

I found someone's walkthrough on a major google adventure a few days ago but it's really not that detailed. I could post it if anyone here is interested.

Right now i'm stuck on level 2 Fagranc, got past the silver key door but cant find any more keys to get furthur. Im fairly sure i have to turn off the moving spikes in the 'ward room' to get to the chest but i have no idea how. Any help?

Also, on my google adventure for information on the game, i also came across a hex editing tutorial specificially for the saved games. Havent used it yet but if i cant find this freaking topaz key i'm going to make it appear myself!
[/b]
Yea, any walkthrough would be good. This is quite a hard game, but oh so good!

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: html

Old 13-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #36
So9
Forum hobbit

hi,

underdogs has a solution / quickreference

So9 is offline                         Send a private message to So9
Old 02-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #37

I was curious as to why when I downloaded this game it was all red and green and like it was on fire, but the scfreenshots here are lovely, can I fix this crazy color issue?

Old 03-10-2007, 04:54 AM   #38
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

If only the final battle wasn't so ludicrously difficult! I think the developers erred in going that far. A slight increase beyond what you'd faced before, perhaps with a few secondary creatures with unusual abilities, might have been nice. But after losing to the final boss's beyond-reach attributes 8 times, I quit. Too bad, too: quite original in other respects, and well made.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 03-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

I was curious as to why when I downloaded this game it was all red and green and like it was on fire, but the scfreenshots here are lovely, can I fix this crazy color issue?
Since you said nothing about the computer you're running it on or even what operating system are you using, my best guess is you did the typical mistake of trying to run the game in Windows. Try running it in DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: html
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #40
T42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

Sounds like you've used the wrong file to open the game (possibly you used legpic.exe or leggo.exe?) - I can't remeber which one but one of them opens it up in the mad colours. You need to use the 'legend.bat' file to open it with.

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: html
T42 is offline                         Send a private message to T42