Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #21
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumloofah

Eureka!
On the cryptic advice of Zaru I found myself completely without wands on any kind.
However, I did have an amber potion which didn't work.
So, out of the dungeon and scaling the cliffs to reach the cave of the ancient i asked him, "Hella potion's that?"
And he said it had the anti-mage symbol on it.
Back to the dungeon, freshly kitted out with the anti-mage rune and spell components.
I blasted the runes with anti-magic missiles... Nothing.
I tried missiles with damage and anti-magic... That dispelled the original tile and needed a regular missile to bring it back.
After all that my frustration gave me the solution...
solution

Quote:
Hello, Fantasy Freak.
Well I just made some small research and I found a manual for Bloodwych from which we find out that it takes place in... Trazere!

long spiel

But both - the developer and the publisher are different than those who made Four Crystals of Trazere

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: html
Zaru is offline                         Send a private message to Zaru
Old 03-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #22
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Ok, I'm totally stuck in Fagranc, level 1. Four keys are needed (Bronze, Golden, Diamond and Ruby I think). One to open door in the teleport room with a chest, and three to open three doors to the South. I just can't find them. They're not there and I searched the level throughly.

I tried visiting (in hope of finding those blasted keys) the Shrine that appears once a week (which is mentioned in one of wall notes) but I was unable to answer the questions.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #23
chumloofah
Game freak

Only just started the dungeon, but found one or two of the keys.

Hint

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 10:11 AM.
chumloofah is offline                         Send a private message to chumloofah
Old 03-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #24
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Quote:

Only just started the dungeon, but found one or two of the keys.
...which you will use in near future to open two doors. But after that, you'll find yourself unable to open the 3 doors behind one of the locked ones (to which you probably have the key now).[/quote]
here are two keys that I found. One opens the door to the south. Behind the door there are three locked doors. The other key opens the door somewhere not far SW from the Fagranc entrance. Behind them a key can be found. Possibly, there was also a third key that I used to open some other door but I can't remember it right now. All I know is, that you'll end up unable to open three doors in a southern room and one door in the teleport room.

Quote:
hint
I even even checked rocks, fireplaces and... water.

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 10:13 AM. Reason: html
Old 04-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #25
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

The teleport rune is used to create a portal. If I recall correctly, when you cast it a second time, on a monster or one of your party, it reappears in the portal.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 04-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #26
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodin

The teleport rune is used to create a portal. If I recall correctly, when you cast it a second time, on a monster or one of your party, it reappears in the portal.
There are no floor runes to be found in Fagranc floor 1 or I just cannot find them. I swept all reachable rooms and found nothing.

The room below is the one I call "The teleporter room".

Legend:
- Red signs are the teleporters. They will teleport any party member to the location where berserker stands at the moment of taking the screenshot.
- Blue and green pressure plates create floor tiles marked accordingly.

I'm quite sure that one of required keys lies at the bottom of the metal chest, but It's impossible to open the chest because a teleport blocks the access. I cannot find a way to disable that teleport. I thought about using anti-magic but this teleport still affects you. I even tried with very powerful triple anti-magic spells. Casting teleport spell doesn't work either.

This one's much tougher than the first one.

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: html
Old 06-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #27
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
There are no floor runes to be found in Fagranc floor 1 or I just cannot find them. I swept all reachable rooms and found nothing.
I wasn't referring to your problem, but to the use of teleportal runes, along with missile runes, to create portals and move avatars. As I recall-and this is a distant recollection--the teleportal rune was rarely used in puzzles. For the most part, I used it to move monsters surrounding my mage, before he acquired the runes and ingredients to kill just about anything that could be thrown at him.

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 08-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #28
T42

Hi, I've been playing this game on and off for years now. Sometimes keys just don't apear to be where they're suposed to be (ie where they were last time) - strange? Anyone else experienced that?

The teleport room in fagranc (above) can be tricky but there's a crude way to get to the chest if I remember - do you want the solution?

Old 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #29
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by T42
Hi, I've been playing this game on and off for years now. Sometimes keys just don't apear to be where they're suposed to be (ie where they were last time) - strange? Anyone else experienced that?

The teleport room in fagranc (above) can be tricky but there's a crude way to get to the chest if I remember - do you want the solution?
Hey, thanks for replying.
I would greatly appreciate any hint on that blasted riddle. It makes me go crazy!

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: html
Old 08-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #30
T42

Sure - get some bad guys to follow you into the room and paralyze them so they're stuck on the squares you get teleported back to, a bit tricky but it can be done. This means you can safely walk across all the other squares in the room. This litle trick can be useful later on to if members of the team die at inconvenient times!

The bit with the disappearing keys is after fagranc I think - in the sewers, It'd be be interesting to see what hapens when you get there...

Addictive though isn't it?
T42 is offline                         Send a private message to T42