Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe we landed on the moon?
Yes 28 75.68%
No 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:35 AM   #11
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yobor@Jul 3 2005, 02:37 AM
LOL Well I just decided that what we all needed was some consipiacy theory stories. Ok, I was trolling. Now close this topic Admins!
nope
Old 03-07-2005, 03:00 AM   #12
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Jul 3 2005, 02:35 AM
nope
thank you, that's the first thing You did for the past monts that I approve of (not that I matter in any way).

anyway I think we did land lad on the moon (allthough you would be surprised if you found out who I belive was the first one to do it). but what do you guys think of the "mars issue"?
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 03-07-2005, 03:41 AM   #13
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Yes, I believe we did. And no offense, but I find this topic kind of pointless, thn again it is Blahx3...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 03-07-2005, 04:20 AM   #14
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Mars issue? WTF is that?

As for the moon landing, please...OF course it happened. For all the "facts" that some conspiracy theorists use there is physics that they are ignorant of that proves them wrong. Not to mention some good old fashion editing that I have seen (pictures to make known pictures look fake). And if you (anyone) doesn't believe in the science, just ask yourself, if at the time that it happened the USA had several enemies, like oh I don't know, USSR, PRC, etc, that could easily confirm or deny any such landing, why none, NONE, of them every said anything, especialy USSR against whom the "space race" was taking place. Imagine how the USA would look if it wanted to fool the world and the "good" old USSR said "no you didn't!".

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 03-07-2005, 04:44 AM   #15
lethe
Game freak

Nuclear war! World destruction! End of comic sans! k:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 03-07-2005, 05:24 AM   #16
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios+Jul 3 2005, 04:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (efthimios @ Jul 3 2005, 04:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Mars issue? WTF is that?[/b]

lots of things actualy. the most popular is the face on mars (cydonia, remeber? even X-com referenced that)- people claim that earlier photos had one, and newer ones don't. so naturaly, they say, it's a government coverup. Then there's that other theory that was popular because the absolute majority of civilian missions to mars were failing (and most of those because they exploded on the way)- that went like this: with nuclear war becoming a deadly reality the superpowers decided the will settle their fights in space- namely on mars, and I've even heard people say that the soviets lost, and that was why Gorby was so eager to break the union (which looks pretty stupid if you actualy lived in USSR in the 80s, but if you didn't you could probaly see logic in that ) there are a few others I can't remeber right away. (I'm sure someone else does)

<!--QuoteBegin-efthimios
@Jul 3 2005, 04:20 AM
As for the moon landing, please...OF course it happened.* For all the "facts" that some conspiracy theorists use there is physics that they are ignorant of that proves them wrong. [/quote]
could you tell us a bit more about that (both the "facts" and the rebuttals)?

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Jul 3 2005, 04:20 AM
And if you (anyone) doesn't believe in the science, just ask yourself, if at the time that it happened the USA had several enemies, like oh I don't know, USSR, PRC, etc, that could easily confirm or deny any such landing, why none, NONE, of them every said anything, especialy USSR against whom the "space race" was taking place.* Imagine how the USA would look if it wanted to fool the world and the "good" old USSR said "no you didn't!".
PRC? who are they? and you're forgetting a small possibility that USSR allready faked their own space program- it isn't realy about space you know, it's about keeping the people interested and not demanding better social progarms/less taxes/etc. there's a great (sci-fi) book by Pelevin called "Amon Ra", which any space conspircay theorathesit would enjoy, as well as any Post-modernist.

I would like to say, I don't personaly share those views, but I heard them being expressed.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 03-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #17
Astral
Abandonia nerd

Certenly we have been on the moon, and man walked on the moon... And it was American...

BUT, the point is does the first mission of Apollon (thnx god there was Hellines) was fake or not... You see and i can go on moon but dont land on it, just make two turns around it and than go home, the problem than in 70's was who will do it first, and the history talking that the technology than wasn't just in time to do that.
This trick with fake FIRST landing on the moon just set the Russians off competition, cause there is nothing interesting on the moon, and the first two robots of russians luna-1 and luna-2 have some those damn stones from moon for investigation... BUT isn't it just weird that there is passed about 30 years from than an there is not even one trip to the moon... Thats all folks, it's just politics, and there is more that i wan't to place here, in Russia at the time of the American first mission on the moon the only that watch the transmition that was transmited all over the world from Americans station was the goverment of russia, even the sciantist was forbbiten to watch and was under watching... There was one sciantist Russian that was working on the Russian project of mission on mars, he says that we only know that the Americans are going to fly to moon, but we didn't know when exactly cause there was watched and not allowed to know nothing outside of USSR...

That's it folk's!!!
Astral is offline                         Send a private message to Astral
Old 03-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #18
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Yobor@Jul 3 2005, 02:20 AM
I certainly do. Why wouldn't you?
You were on it??? LOL
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 03-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #19
Yobor
Hero Gamer

......*drums fingers*

No I wasn't on the moon. I'd be dead because I can't afford proper space-equipment.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 03-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #20
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

a1s, I see, the "Mars" issue. Well, me thinks they are playing too much Battlezone (the remake). Are they the same people who say we did not have enough technology to land on the moon?
The majority of civilian missions were way underfunded in relation to the rest. I remember once reading about a theory that the planet is actualy like Earth but all the photos etc have been faked. Thank Gods we do not have any, you know, equipment to see with a naked eye how the planet looks....
For the "facts" and the rebuttals, I could tell you more but I have no idea where the links are. I have had this /similar conversation about the moon like 10s of times and I am too fed up with the details. One example out of my head is about the american flag waving "but how can it be without wind on the moon?" but they forget you know, BASIC LAWS of physics. I don't know how exactly it goes in english but a rough saying would be, every object remains in its state untill there is a force exercised on it that makes it change. Take it from there if you wish.
PRC is People's Republic of China, the big country in Asia south of Mongolia and north of Vietnam. Not the China that is on the island of oh how is it called, Formosa I think.
USSR faked their own hmm, lets see now, the USA faked their own (or at least part) and the USSR did so as well. So in the end they agreed to end it all with USA winning the in a way, fake race? That makes sense, especially with who it was at the help of USSR at the time...or not.
If you want to see an example of take the people's mind off what is directly important for them just look at wars or threats of war and killing across the globe. Not many people will say, "forget about food, just look how we went to the Moon!", but they might say "Oh no! The ...... are out to get us and kill us, we must do something about it and forget about the details".

If at any point it looks like I am directing this to you personally, I don't.

Astral, do you mean the first Apollo mission that landed on the Moon or the first even Apollo mission? Is it that the 70's technology was not good enough the same type of reason behind "the egyptians could not have built the pyramids"? Give humans a break!
It is not weird that we did not step again for many years now. It is a pile of rock and dust. Why would anyone want to spend billions on going there again? Apart from the cool factor and the nice science ideas we are getting recently (base there to make it easier to travel to Mars, which for me doesn't make much better than building an orbital shipyard or something). Also since in theory the Moon is not allowed to be used as a military base, together with anywhere else in the solar system (UN charter or something on that, signed by everybody a few decades ago), and since the moon propably does not contain huge amounts of X material, not even cheese, they find it hard to get funded for such a mission. Till (hopefuly) the GWB's plan takes place (doubt it but...). Also part to blame is a terrible planning error/decision in the 70s. There were two main plans, (for the americans), one to invest in building a small fleet and actualy building bases around the solar system in the next 50 or so years, the other building the Space Shuttle. Guess which was decided would server better? No, not a conspiracy theory, just a management decision.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Closed Thread