Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-12-2005, 05:51 PM   #121
Michelle

i wouldn't mind a Cold War version with East and West Germany the Berlin Wall etc etc

Old 12-12-2005, 04:00 AM   #122
FreakPower
Lurker

found manual @ HOTU, but i haven't invested much time in figuring out how to access it. just get some error prompt. here, you try:
manual @ HOTU

if you figure it out, explain what you did to view it for us less computer-saavy people.
FreakPower is offline                         Send a private message to FreakPower
Old 22-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #123
Master MC
Hero Gamer

I launched 5,000 nuclear missiles to the Netherlands, everyone dead. Invaded the country with full power. 15 million soldiers vs. 600.Netherlands succesfully defended itself. And now I got murdered! Strange.....
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 22-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #124
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Heh, if you read back, it happened to me too :P
Then again, we are a brave little country, aren't we LOL
Old 22-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #125
Master MC
Hero Gamer

1990s... let's see... Dutch heroes... ah! Power Unlimited? They probably killed about 14 million American soldiers.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 28-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #126
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

Invading -some- countries will be popular...like Libya, or Benin. Weak little countries who can get kicked in the backside in a few days.

Anyway, trying to play Shadow President as a World Conquest game doesn't usually work. It can be done, but not by force majeur... and yes, you have to make sure the world collapses into nuclear hell first. Save often.

Anyway, if you want to fight the Gulf War, it's probably best to let Kuwait fall to Iraq while you build up in Saudi Arabia, -then- kick righteous Iraqi behind.
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #127

What a mess you guys do. I've played this game quite often in my old computer and always won. It's very easy. Here's some tips.

- The goal is to get reelected, not to play Hitler against other nations. You must always remember this.

- Ignore the Iraq/Kuwait situation for now. Build up forces at least in S.Arabia and Turkey and start doing small strikes against Iraq. If necessary bring troops from other places. Also you can use cover ops against Iraq.

- Decrease a little military spending and increase a little the taxes. You'll have plenty of time later to decrease taxes and improve your ratings.

- Cut a bit foreign aid too.

- Increase the QoL of your citizens and try to do the same around the world. Trade partner treaties are good for this.

- When time is right free Kuwait. If you want invade Iraq too from both fronts. I've always done this and had very low casualties rate. There's a bug: even after Iraq is considered American colony (?) it says the Iraqi leader will try to assassinate me.

- After the invasion cut military budget a big chunk and cut taxes too. You'll get a surplus that can be spend raising the QoL. Bring most troops home. This will increase world peace.

- If China and Sov.Union start to have some skirmishes, ignore the problem. It's not your business anyway.

- Work towards world peace by proposing START treaties with other "nucular" powers. They'll be rejected many times, but sooner or later you'll get positive responses.

- See who the poorest countries are and give them some aid. It's easy to increase QoL and world peace by doing this and it doesn't take much money. And you ratings home will also increase.

- Like in Civilization once the goal is met (reelection) I think you can still play the game.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:15 PM   #128
Tim
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Shizzle@Jul 25 2005, 01:01 AM
:help:
Ummm.... Doesn't this have copy protection for anyone else?

In what I downloaded it asks who said a certain quote that is available in the manual. Manual not available here! :crazy:
the quotes are avbailable at gamefaqs.com

search for the game in pc platform, and then under shadow president, click under "codes"..
they give a list with "levels", the level is the corresponding number quote, level 1 is george bush, level 2 is seneca, and so forth.

can't get it to work in dosbox either...seems to not want to install.... but dosbox did get it farther than just the queue file...
:Titan:

Old 08-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #129
Tim

Quote:
Originally posted by Pedafiliac9000@Oct 9 2005, 11:50 AM
This runs fine in XP for me, I just click the executable and I'm off.

Does anyone know of any similar games that are available for download?

What games would you recommend for someone that likes this game?

How did you do that? I'm having all kinds of trouble.
:help:

Old 08-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #130
Master MC
Hero Gamer

OK.
Shadow President = compatibality in Windows.
1. Set up your sound card with (probably) setup.exe/
2. Run shadow.exe.
3. Nuke Canada and send humanitarian help afterwards.