Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #71
freddysaar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jul 31 2006, 08:12 AM) [snapback]246059[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It is possible the cutscenes have been removed to reduce the archive size.
[/b]
Actually, the cutscenes are avaible in another version of 4d sports boxing named "4d boxing" (yeah, it sure is better than abandonia's one)
freddysaar is offline                         Send a private message to freddysaar
Old 17-08-2006, 01:39 AM   #72
freddysaar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 29 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]245787[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hey guys.. i remember when i played this when i was a kid, but i remember there were like.. CUTSCENES before the fights, in the intro, and a newspaper showing you winning after the bout...

WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?!

also.. is there a cutscene when u become champ? bcuz i never beat it back in the day..
[/b]

There's another version of 4d boxing with improved graphics, sounds and music. Rare to find on internet, but I have a copy.
freddysaar is offline                         Send a private message to freddysaar
Old 19-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #73

I have 4d Sports Boxing and I can't beat the boxers when they are down. I just punch the air no matter which punch type I try.

Old 19-08-2006, 09:38 PM   #74
lowlylowlycook

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 19 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]249648[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have 4d Sports Boxing and I can't beat the boxers when they are down. I just punch the air no matter which punch type I try.
[/b]
That isn't very sporting. LOL

I'm pretty sure you have to wait for them to get up just as in actually boxing.

But maybe you boxer is named Mike. If so, anything is possible.
lowlylowlycook is offline                         Send a private message to lowlylowlycook
Old 20-08-2006, 09:10 AM   #75

Come on, read previous posts. I thought I would be obvious I referred to this:
Quote:
PS: I discovered that you can punch your oponnent when he is on the floor (4d sports boxing), but u can't do it on "4d boxing".[/b]

Old 10-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #76
Thunny Lithon

I used to play this game plenty like 14 years ago when I got it. I played it for years actually, I have never played any other game nearly as much.

With all that training I became pretty good also. When you figure out the correct tactic, it becomes pretty easy to TKO The Champ inside one round if your fighter has the best abilities. Hint for tactics: just keep your gard up and crcle to your left (if you are right-handed) and eep throwing the left hook. When you land it well, start throwing the right hand hook to the body + uppercut combination and you will easily destroy all the opponents.

Best game ever

Old 03-05-2007, 01:23 AM   #77
Nicolai (Denmark)
He he... i remenber this game.. i think is over 10 years since i played it last time... Best boxing game ever...

Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 AM   #78
RavCai (Philippines)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nicolai (Denmark) @ May 3 2007, 02:23 AM) [snapback]289121[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
He he... i remenber this game.. i think is over 10 years since i played it last time... Best boxing game ever...
[/b]
yes i agree, same experience here..

BEST BOXING GAME EVER..

OT: @all have you guys also tried playing "SCORCH" or "SCORCH EARTH"?

it is a nice TANK game too..

Old 03-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #79

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(markisdee @ Apr 5 2005, 05:28 AM) [snapback]90784[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I loved this game when i played it 12 years ago on an old comydine pc on dos. Now it seems to be running slowly on windows xp. I was 3 years old at the time, and rose to the rank of about 5 or 6.

What are the keyboard controls, just enter to punch and the arrows to move?
[/b]
When I played it more then 10 years ago I reached the "Champ" and couldnt beat him, he was too tough.
But now I don't seem to know how am I suppose to fight.
I just recently discovered that you can also use 7 9 1 3 on the keyboard for more types of boxing.
However, is there also some sort of defending? I couldnt find something like this.
And when do I need to land the punch? when he is trying to punch I should also try to punch him from the opposite direction?
Because I remember doing things like that when I was a kid.
Also, the game seem to stutter a bit, especially if played against a computer and not a human player.
Maybe it is also because it use the PC speaker?
How do I run it without PC speaker?

Old 03-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #80
chumloofah
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SupSuper @ Oct 19 2005, 04:00 PM) [snapback]170035[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Oct 19 2005, 12:40 AM
What is 4D? Is there some sort of alternate dimension in this game?
"4D Sports" was a series of sports games published by Mindscape: Boxing, Tennis and Driving (aka Stunts).

4D does stand for 4th Dimension, which is Time iirc, as all the games from the series offer "true four-dimensional gameplay" by letting the player access advanced replay features.
[/b]
Neat.
I've always wanted to play a boxing game that wasn't limited by my linear perception of time.
chumloofah is offline                         Send a private message to chumloofah