Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-09-2006, 05:47 AM   #71

thx for the answer, the number of conquered nations was also my first guess -

however, as mentioned in one game (which i made just to save game with different ranks) i just conquered one or two nations and also got consul - just by clicking next year on and on - (i made this just because i was bored . but as i found out that the ranks increased also, i continued)

i would be also interested in a manual which could probably bring some more light into this

Old 05-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #72

Gladiator controls;

Keypad
8 Shield Up
4 Move Forward
6 Move Backward
2 Duck behind Shield
1 Swipe

thats the only controls you need to win any fight

Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #73
Don_Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 3 2006, 05:47 AM) [snapback]252525[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
thx for the answer, the number of conquered nations was also my first guess -

however, as mentioned in one game (which i made just to save game with different ranks) i just conquered one or two nations and also got consul - just by clicking next year on and on - (i made this just because i was bored . but as i found out that the ranks increased also, i continued)

i would be also interested in a manual which could probably bring some more light into this
[/b]
If i go for a fast game (race a lot of chariots, instead of waiting for tribute), i tend to hit Consul pretty fast. My guess is, it's the amount of money you have collected through the game, or a mix of all the things mentioned so far

Old 17-10-2006, 02:19 PM   #74

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kearnsy @ Apr 21 2006, 01:32 AM) [snapback]224463[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well actually its more like killkillkill until 2 soldier die then runrunrun!
ahh, when will those Gauls learn.
[/b]
well, this is interrestng. I raised taxes the first turn. I end turn. Rebellion. file not found message, about 4 of them. lost the game, no battle fought. .... fck that.

Old 29-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #75
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

can someone hell p me , although it seems silly to me, i cant control single units during battle and my general wont move to make a 'aura' upon attacking soldiers.. thx.
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 30-10-2006, 07:18 AM   #76
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Are the single units you try to control within reach of your general (pause the game, click your general and look at the circle pattern)? You simply can't select those units that are out of his reach...
How are you trying to move your general, what are you doing exactly and what happens? Also note that he can't move inbetween two adjacent units and that nearby units can sometimes prevent him from turning.
Old 30-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #77
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Oct 30 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]264267[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Are the single units you try to control within reach of your general (pause the game, click your general and look at the circle pattern)? You simply can't select those units that are out of his reach...
How are you trying to move your general, what are you doing exactly and what happens? Also note that he can't move inbetween two adjacent units and that nearby units can sometimes prevent him from turning.
[/b]
I click it with mouse (left i think) then his way appears as blue line. He never takes a move anyway. And when i change waypoins for either general or unit, they just ignore me :angry:
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 30-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #78
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

How do you execute those orders?
When you paused the game (for example by pressing space bar) a few buttons will appear at the top of your screen. I don't remember them completely but I think you need to click "ok" before units will carry out your orders ; pressing "melee" or "retreat" will override your commands.

Also, what never worked for me is setting a complicated course for any unit, in the sense of a course that changes direction at some point. The only orders that worked were straight lines.

Can you try first dragging the existing blue line back until it is only a dot. Then release the button. Then start from the dot to set the course (blue line) you want. That is the way I always did it.
Old 31-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #79
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

thx, it worx k: Problem was that i forgot to press 'done' button and only unpaused battle
Old 04-12-2006, 12:07 PM   #80
Immoralista

Hey Guys, I've read all the post here and now I wonder, is it really just me?

I used to play this game when I was a kid, but back then I didn't think about changing difficulty levels, and finishing this game on the easiest one is, I agree, a very simple task.

Now I'm back to the old world and I switched to "legionaire", the second level. People in this forum are telling me this would be still easy, but I can't seem to advance to the point where you are powerful.

1) I conquer alpes.
2) I conquer Narbonensis and get promoted to centurio.
3) My second army attacks Germany.

This is as far as I get at legionaire... Right after reaching this point, the first barbarian armies spawn. Usually they come from across the sea, so I get my 2 armies to Italy and defend against the intruders.

I am still centurio at that stage, no horses, no chance! The intruders have war elephants and sqash my first army easily. My second wins (with a lot of effort...).

And then, one round or two after that, the next marauder comes in. From now on all I can do is protect myself until finally I'm destroyed.

How you guys do that??? I'm pretty experienced in strategy but this is just not possible...

PS: I tried the melee trick too, but it didn't work, the 8 horses swarmed my troops and soon enough I was running away.