Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 26-01-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 22-06-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Very glad this game finally made its way to Abandonia. Congratulations! :brain:

The second and the fifth screenshots remind me of my favourite part of the game Along with Westwood Studios' Legend of Kyrandia, this Rex Nebular game was my favourite adventure games back in my highschool years.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 22-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Haginho

I remember back in the 90's when everybody was starting to use PC's I was a hardcore Amiga fan!
But I was so jealous that not all the games came out for Amiga!
So I'm glad to see that one by one all those games I couldn't play when I was 12, I can play them now on my late 20's!!! :brain:
Rex was one of them!!!
Thanks!!!
Haginho is offline                         Send a private message to Haginho
Old 22-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
guesst
Abandonia Homie

You know what I loved about this game? First it showed you boobs within the first 10 minutes of gameplay, then it gave you boobs by the end of the first hour.

I agree with the review that this wasn't as funny as it could have been tho.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 23-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #5

really wanna try this, but it don't seems to work??
i can watch the intro..then,when i click on START NEW GAME its back to windows time.
uh??
thanx,
a-

Old 23-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Do you run it in DOSBox or Windows? It should be run in DOSBox.
Old 23-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #7

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jun 23 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]295941[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Do you run it in DOSBox or Windows? It should be run in DOSBox.
[/b]

aaaaaa!
im too retarded to use dosbox...so i always use VDMS.
it usally does his job good!..and it does run the intro part of this perfectly..???
so why not the game?

anyways..thanx a lot for the QUICK reply and all the hours of fun im gettin' out of this site-

you guys are great,really-

oi!

a-

Old 23-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

First: Go back to the game page again (the page with the review), have a look and then tell me: What does it say under "compatibility"? Do you see a VDMS compatibility icon? I Don't. I do, however see icons for both DOSBox and the DOS boot disc.

Second: No way are you so retarded you won't be able to read the DOSBox "walkthrough" written by our great The Fifth Horseman
http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...howtopic=14913
Do read it, and if you're still stumped, by all means feel free to make a topic in "troubleshooting" AFTER you have searched the forum for solutions.
Count on this: You WILL be able to use DOSBox, coz otherwise would suggests we are terrible teachers, and no way are we going to accept that
Old 23-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #9

haha,what the *meep* mr.midget man...guess im just a lazy quack..but i do not know much about computers NOR i
care or intend to invest too much effort in it..ESCUSE ME.
DOSBOX im sure is just great,but few times i've tried to follow someones EASY steps to get a grip on it,and then proceded to get bored and just decided to CAN the sucker..yeah.
maybe i'll try yours as well, possibly---

the thing is, i've run MANY games on this site with VDMS (wich is WAY quicker and REALLY easy to use for some old nostalgic dumb c--t like meself) EVEN with NO appropriate "compatibility icon" to be seen...so shove your sharp sarcasm up your mighty behind please, will ya? *meep* you.

that is why i've asked why i could watch the 4 minutes long intro thing,and not run the game.

cheers,
and thanx for your help ok.
a.

Old 23-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #10

Ok, sorry about that sarcasm, it's just that so many people download the games here assuming the games will work perfectly on modern operating systems. Some do and some don't. Some of the games with no VDMS icon may very well run under say, VDMS, but generally you will have the answer right there as to why the game won't run under VDMS if there is no such icon.

Now, you may have gotten me wrong, or my phrasing was bad, what I meant to say was that if you put just a bit of effort in getting DOSBox right, we will do what we can to guide you through the set-up taking into consideration your skill level with computers. But if you don't bother helping yourself, we can't offer that extra help. So no need to go all "f**k you" about it.