Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-06-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Kings Quest IV - The Perils of Rosella

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 04-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
RunWithScissors
This is one of my favorite Kings Quest. There should be a AVG contest about who can make the best Kings Quest 9, adventure form.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
Jackoliov

I highly recommend this game, it is THE first computer game I ever played...... of course, that was over 10 years ago...... and I was young, and the troll scared me
Jackoliov is offline                         Send a private message to Jackoliov
Old 08-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
mikebarry
Game freak

I remember the most difficult part when I was younger was getting out to the whale on time. I would always end up exploring around and wasting too much time...which is probably why I didn't beat the game (by myself) until many years later.
mikebarry is offline                         Send a private message to mikebarry
Old 08-01-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think the hardest part for me was getting Pandora's Box (was it Pandora's Box?) from the witch, and if I did get it I remember not being able to get through some part of the forest. Well my memory is foggy, but I do remember at the age of 6 this was my favourite of the Kings Quests. The first three had graphics that weren't very nice to look at and I didn't like the whole point and click thing at the time. So four was my only option. k:
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 09-01-2005, 12:27 AM   #6
edlglide
Abandonia nerd

I used to be afraid of the haunted house on this game. Whenever I accidently stumbled onto that screen I would immediately walk off, even when it was day and the zombies and ghosts weren't out and about.
edlglide is offline                         Send a private message to edlglide
Old 10-01-2005, 09:57 PM   #7
BUFFY
Game freak

This was also my first KQ game, my family spent forever trying to get through this game. Retracing our steps, trying different things. I sure dont miss those "Insert Disk..." prompts!

Turns out there was a bug in our version, kept freezing at the Waterfall sceen, which basically stopped us from progressing. Years later when I mailed Sierra they sent a patch back, wasn't quite the same finishing it on my own with the walkthrough! :crazy:
BUFFY is offline                         Send a private message to BUFFY
Old 11-01-2005, 05:10 AM   #8
mikebarry
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by BUFFY@Jan 10 2005, 02:57 PM
Turns out there was a bug in our version, kept freezing at the Waterfall sceen, which basically stopped us from progressing.
That's terrible

I hate to admit it, but I never had to figure out the majority of the solutions on my own. By the time I was old enough to beat any of the games on my own my Mom or Grandma had already figured out the solution, and shared it with me (they would write down certain words and commands on paper to help me spell / play the game). So, I don't really ever remember having to figure out every puzzle. They didn't write every solution down for me, but it just seems like it used to come second nature...and what didn't I would get help with
mikebarry is offline                         Send a private message to mikebarry
Old 11-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #9
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I just downloaded this game. Because of mikebarry's screenshots I realised I haven't played this version of KQ. I thought I'd played them all. The typing of commands is a bit annoying because you have to hit on the right action verb or the game refuses to accomodate you. So far it appears a really charming story.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 16-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #10
sarah

can someone help me out, i have no idea how to download the game. you can email me if you want.. xoelectro@hotmail.com