Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #141
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Yup,crocodiles and some others "dinos" survived.The other dinos died mainly becouse they couldnt adapt new enviroment...The mammals (and also humans) can live almost everywhere on earth,if there is enought food.Dinosuars cant.They were just too inflexible...
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-03-2005, 05:36 PM   #142
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

About the dinosaurs...
It's the huge land dweling plant eaters that disapeared. Also their hunters vanished because of the lack of food. So no more big dinos there. Othjers have survived. Just look at a crocodile or a turtle. Both have been around in the time of dinos, but they are now slightly modified. Other disno evolved into birds! So every time you look at a pigeon you should know it's nothing less then a grand-grand-...-grandson of a dino.
Other animals have disapeared too I was really surprised when I saw a documentary about the skeleton of a guinea pig. Just before the first of the seven ice ages there lived guinea pigs in Venezuela that weight 700 kilos and were 2 metres tall. To make a comparison - that's about the size of a cow, that would have longer front legs and would therefor be taller in front.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #143
xcom freak
Games Master

2 factors for Dino disappearance :

Volcanic activity in India and the comet in Mexico .
These two factors crated a harsh environement for survival and species quickly started disappearing.

The comet didnt come and directly killed everybody thats just a common error.
the atmosphere suffered and species that rely on it a lot died.
small mammals survived coz the oxigen was lighter than the fumes and they could breathe easily.
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 04-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #144
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I think there are more "well-documented and proven" dino disapeppearance theories than mice in a granary...We could spend VERY long time arguing about them.The only fact is-Ther dinosaurs lived in the past and now there dont. :bleh:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 04-03-2005, 09:07 PM   #145
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard@Mar 4 2005, 09:27 PM
I think there are more "well-documented and proven" dino disapeppearance theories than mice in a granary...We could spend VERY long time arguing about them.The only fact is-Ther dinosaurs lived in the past and now there dont. :bleh:
No my friend the comet is a fact its been dated to the time just b4 their disappearnce and the Volcanic activity also there isnt any debate to be done .
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 05-03-2005, 12:40 PM   #146
BUFFY
Game freak

I read a book (fiction) about the future...

It told of humans finding a higher "plane" and leaving Earth to another dimension I guess you could call it... it wasn't spirituality but a developing of the brain...

Another human had left earth then somehow travelled into the future to find Earth alone bar the technology which consisted of a database with computer personalities and histroical recordings, this is how he found out why Earth was empty.

I not saying this is more logical then a coment, nuke, orbital shift, or ice age, but how can you prepare for any ending of the race if you have so many possibilities.

P.S I'd love to have a bomb shelter with bio life! k:
BUFFY is offline                         Send a private message to BUFFY
Old 05-03-2005, 05:54 PM   #147
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

The dinasaurs roamed the earth millions of years and that MF comet or etc. had to ruin everything, the world wouldnt be polluted or damaged in anyway by those creatures, unlike us - humans. Saying that were the BETTER species isnt right, we caused a muck of the Earth in 400 years or so while the dinosaurs kept it for millions of years natural. :whistle:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 05-03-2005, 05:59 PM   #148
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

I agree with troop there. We are hazardous to our own health. But who cares. Its chaos right. Wheee. I bet that this topic will now get closed in no time.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 06-03-2005, 05:17 AM   #149
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

There's no point whinging over it, there's nothing you can do.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 06-03-2005, 10:52 AM   #150
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by troop18546@Mar 5 2005, 06:54 PM
The dinasaurs roamed the earth millions of years and that MF comet or etc. had to ruin everything, the world wouldnt be polluted or damaged in anyway by those creatures, unlike us - humans. Saying that were the BETTER species isnt right, we caused a muck of the Earth in 400 years or so while the dinosaurs kept it for millions of years natural. :whistle:
Yes, except that it was 65 million years ago, during which time there would have evolved new species. Probably not humans though, since mammals needed the extinction of the dinosaurs to evolve larger than about a foot long.

Read Richard Dawkins' amazing book The Ancestor's Tale for a brilliant treatment of the history of evolution.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone