Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner > Programming
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-02-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This is part of a post I made on another forum. I did not get what I wanted there.

Quote:
Since I have gotten a PPC I want to do some light programming for it but having searched the web I have been unable to find a simple tutorial for using Embedded C++ for the Pocket PC.

I was wondering if you could help me get started. What I want is a very basic introduction into this prorgamming language. Do you know any good books (that do not cost an arm and a leg)? Are there specific books for programming games for the PPC?
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 11-02-2006, 04:11 AM   #2
plix
Game freak

Assuming that your palm (force of habit; I'll refer to it from here on out as such, but note that I am aware you don't actually own a Palm[tm]) runs WinCE (which "PocketPC" implies) then your best bet is MSDN as a general reference.

Know this, however: embedded programming is a real bitch. It's easier now than it was 5 years ago, but it still requires some knowledge of the underlying hardware and a few other funny "isms" which you'll need to keep track of. You'll also want a copy of Visual Studio to do cross-compiles on your actual desktop/development machine.
plix is offline                         Send a private message to plix