Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2005, 12:41 PM   #21
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Apr 27 2005, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Apr 27 2005, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fawfulhasfury@Apr 27 2005, 02:39 PM
The last thing those states need though is a law saying you can kill someone whenever you want. :ranting:
I think no place in the world would really benefit from such a law :whistle: [/b][/quote]
I like it cause its delightfully eville, but I don't like it cause it's undelightfully hazardous to my health.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 27-04-2005, 12:47 PM   #22
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

And here I believed you were intelligent people, but now you are critisizing a law you don't know a single thing about.
1) It may not even exist
2) you don't know any specifics
3) all you know about the supposed law comes from one sentance from somebody who is clearly against it and hasn't provided any of the above
Old 27-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #23
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You are right, that for a serious descussion we'd need proof, but then again - I'm hoping there is no proof tho support the existance of such a law.
If I would see such a law and be able to read what it clearly states, then I might have a discosion about it - it's not possible now. But the very idea of such a law existing is grotesque enough. If a law could be interpreted in such a way, then it's not acceptable and goes against the basic human rights and achievments of the civilized society.
I don't care if such a law exists or not. If it doesn't even exist it's a clear signal that at least most of our little comunity would be against it (if it doesn't exist - then there's no harm in a little shouting contest about how bad such a law would be).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-04-2005, 01:23 PM   #24
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes but to talk as if such a law is in existance is just plain, well, silly.
Old 27-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #25
Data
retired

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=705935 <-- this is what taikara is talking about as far as I know
Old 27-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #26
a1s
Hero Gamer

That is one stupid law. So basically anyone can kill me in any public place and will have to pay a fine for bringing a gun there. :ranting:
G-d bless European Union for having no such 'wise' people like the Bushes
Stroggy, I know you will post some pro arms stuff, but I want you to remember that USA is no f-ing Israel, it has border guards to protect it from terrorists, and giving everyone a half-assed license to kill (he was trying to exert his mental force on me, officer, like in that SDI documentary we just saw in the movie called "revenge of the sixth"!) will only make it all worse.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 27-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #27
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

mm yeah... America... so what's new ?! If this would have popped up 5 years ago, maybe i would have been surprised, but now, i have grown to expect anything from that country
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 27-04-2005, 03:15 PM   #28
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

http://www.policemag.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1363

Jeb is considering the bill (and find it's "a good, commonsense, anti-crime issue"), but it has it has been passed by the Senate and lower house in Florida's state assembly. The people of Florida elected these guys, so it appears your state is filled with gun-crazed Americans...
I don't know how it works in the US, but it seems that when the Senate and Lower House has approved of a law, shouldn't a governor approve it then? I mean, not signing the law would be ignoring the voters' voice (indirect)...

I myself am totally against civilians carrying weapons. This should be left to police and military. These are the people we entrust with our safety! Actually I'd rather have them not resort to violence at all, but this seems impossible...
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 27-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #29
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Reup@Apr 27 2005, 03:15 PM

I myself am totally against civilians carrying weapons. This should be left to police and military. These are the people we entrust with our safety! Actually I'd rather have them not resort to violence at all, but this seems impossible...
I'm totally against making ourselves easy targets.
Just look at Britain where owning a gun is illegal, crime has never been so high.
Old 27-04-2005, 03:29 PM   #30
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s@Apr 27 2005, 10:48 AM
... who obviously know some wierd martial art and could have killed you and your family with their thumbs...
I know what you are talking about... but i can't say anymore, cause it's an ancient and dangerous secret...

OK i'm but now i return on topic!

I think that the law isn't the worst problem, the real point is that some people believes that is in his rights to kill "everyone he don't like".

Those ones don't mind the laws...