Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #11
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

While you people are talking as if all hell has broken loose I haven't read one official (or even inofficial) report on this.
Old 27-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #12
a1s
Hero Gamer

shhh! not so loud mister stroggy,
<pours himslef more tea>
we're cursing the government.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 27-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Apr 27 2005, 01:42 PM
While you people are talking as if all hell has broken loose I haven't read one official (or even inofficial) report on this.
That's true, but then again... some state laws in US date back to the early 19th century and are still valid. Basically I'm no so conserned with the law itsleff - it's more the very idea of it. It's bad enough owning fire-arms is legal, this is just taking it a step further.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-04-2005, 12:19 PM   #14
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Apr 27 2005, 02:21 AM
Hi guys :bye:

I've already written a nice rant about this once tonight, but I'm so indignant, I'm going to write it twice (so to those who have already read it, sorry! ).

But nicer and shorter here.

Basically, my wonderful governor, who just HAPPENS to be the baby bro of good 'ole George W. Bush, just signed a law into being which basically states that any person with a weapon has a right to shoot and KILL someone if they feel "threatened" by that person.

Threatened?!?!

Gah! :tai:

Thoughts?

Mine are currently that I want to get the hell out of the U.S. as soon as possible. :tai: :tai: :tai:
Michigan is closer to Canada.

And for Florida (what city), you can swim to Cuba. LOL
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 27-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #15
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Apr 27 2005, 07:28 AM
I'm seriously considering adding a donate button to my site for the "Help Expatriate Tai Foundation" :tai:

Could you make that "Help expiate tai and fawful". This country scares me. I no like it now that I see the direction it is headed. I'd like it better if it was in Europe.

EDIT: And if you find this sounds unpatriotic, then look at the word "Evil genius." You won't find patriot in there anywhere. :evil:
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 27-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #16
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Sacre merde that sounds bad. Glad I live in the UK, although 'acceptable force' can be interpreted in a number of ways, I think it means 'anything non-lethal' which is the way that we can defends ourselves.

i.e. beat the crap into someone with a cricket bat and then push them down the stairs. As long as they don't die, you're ok!

That law of yours is ridiculous. Move to Cuba, post-haste. Although Castro is near-death at the moment, which is a bit sad. But oh well, the world will continue.

Either stockpile grenades and know that the worst will happen, or get yourself out of the country while you still have the chance.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 27-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #17
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 27 2005, 12:17 PM
it's more the very idea of it. It's bad enough owning fire-arms is legal, this is just taking it a step further.
But why are you people then "bashing" a state on grounds of a law which doesn't even seem to exist!
Old 27-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Apr 27 2005, 02:32 PM
Could you make that "Help expiate tai and fawful". This country scares me. I no like it now that I see the direction it is headed. I'd like it better if it was in Europe.
You're always welcome (at least for a visit if you wish - this goes out for Tai and Fury).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #19
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Don't listen to him, go to europe!!! I'd bash florida even without the dang law myself, that and new york too. The last thing those states need though is a law saying you can kill someone whenever you want. :ranting: And thanks Seb, if this country goes any farther downhill, Europe will see me posthaste. And all my fury. :twisted:
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 27-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #20
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Fawfulhasfury@Apr 27 2005, 02:39 PM
The last thing those states need though is a law saying you can kill someone whenever you want. :ranting:
I think no place in the world would really benefit from such a law :whistle: