Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #21
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Apr 23 2005, 01:09 PM
what about that farmer who shot the burgler (who later turned out to be a kid but cmon, it was dark) anyone break into my place an they getting a baseball bat round the head!
You have a point there, omg, but nevertheless I don't think it's a particularly good idea to take the law into your own hands. That farmer committed a murder, even though he may not have meant to do it, may not have realised the burglar was just a boy and may have thought he was only defending himself and his property. He misjudged the whole situation, and he might have spared the both boy's family and himself a lot of grief if he hadn't chosen to defend himself in this way. And mind you, I'm not talking about remorse or anything; that farmer may not feel he was wrong. But he has had his picture all over the newspapers and for the rest of his life he will have to face the fact that although he was freed from the charges (I think) thousands of people still consider him a murderer.

...Anyway, I think we've strayed quite far from the original topic.

Edit: damn smileys...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #22
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Apr 23 2005, 01:24 PM

You have a point there, OMG, but nevertheless I don't think it's a particularly good idea to take the law into your own hands.
true but then if someone breaks into your house, what are you meant to do? call the police? altho u right about the shooting in the back thing being very not cool. its just a pig that the law states you hafta use reosonable force, so if someone breaks into my flat unarmed do i hafta put my baseball bat down an take em on unarmed jacky chann scene stylee? LOL as for the diversion from topic, started from fake lawsuits went into self defence lawsuits to self defense, the topic has evolved, its grown and is now discovering fire. soon it will find the wheel.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 23-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #23
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Apr 23 2005, 02:27 PM
true but then if someone breaks into your house, what are you meant to do? call the police?
Well... yes.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #24
omg
Games Master

and then u wait how long for them to turn up...? what do u do while u wait? have a game of cards with the knife weilding crack head?
Old 23-04-2005, 02:51 PM   #25
Allen
Abandonia nerd

I would! I'd offer the guy a drink and a game of tiddlywinks.
Allen is offline                         Send a private message to Allen
Old 23-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #26
omg
Games Master

hehe, "hey mister crack feind lets have a cup of tea and some biccys while we play a game and wait for the nice mister policeman to come an take you for a ride in his nice police car, maybe he will let u make it go wooo wooo wooo"
Old 23-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #27
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Just because he's broken into your house you assume he's a crackhead? How does that follow?

That farmer's name was Tony something, and it's bugging me now.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 23-04-2005, 03:53 PM   #28
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Apr 23 2005, 03:38 PM
Just because he's broken into your house you assume he's a crackhead? How does that follow?
The first step in making the world drugs-free is by making all drugusers the enemy and all the enemies drugusers. Good going, om g!
Old 23-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #29
omg
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Apr 23 2005, 03:38 PM

cuase statistically most thefts are people robbing to feed there habits , not to feed there kids. most o the people i have met over the years who have done that robbing b,s ha been doing it to get either a: crack b: smack: c : coke: d: well i was gonna say ketimine but i never met a k head robber, jus the other 3 so i said crack cuz why the hell should i bother lsiting evry reosen someones gonna rob for? you ever even met a crack head, an no i dont mean someone who has a nightly hit
den has a hit o brown to come down and works evry day god sends to afford it, i mean the other type ...

o an cheers stroggy, i hate hard drugs 2 cuz i seen 2 many time, (an for a few years first hand if u get what i mean) what that shhht does to peeps i aint makin weed heads the enemy tho they threaten no 1.
Old 23-04-2005, 04:01 PM   #30
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Dear sir whose nickname gets turned into a smilie, I'd like to understand what you just wrote, however I lost you somewhere near the words "k head robber"