Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Default The Romanian Section

Well I usually stick with the english version of the site. But there is a reason to that. 1-2 years ago when I first saw abandonia, I tried to stay on the romanian version, but there were like 2-3 games there, and none really interested me. I thought that now the situation has changed somehow towards the better and I'm really surprised that it's the same. So here are the questions:

1. How can I contribute at expanding the romanian version?
2. Do I need to write my own reviews or can I just translate the english ones?
3. Is it possible to display correctly the romanian-only characters "ă,î,ş,ţ,â"? When I read the romanian reviews I see only question marks...
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 18-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i believe some mod will see this and add you to romanian translating team

you don't have to write your own reviews, it just gets translated
but you can of course contribute and write a review for a new game and translate it into your language as well

btw the characters are the bug that happened to all foreign languages with server move =( they can be displayed, but each game needs a personal care
Old 18-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
1. How can I contribute at expanding the romanian version?
By becoming a translator.
However, for the time being the translations are halted due to a bug (attempting to add a translation overwrote the original review instead).
Quote:
2. Do I need to write my own reviews or can I just translate the english ones?
We generally prefer to keep to just translating the English version of the site.
Quote:
3. Is it possible to display correctly the romanian-only characters "ă,î,ş,ţ,â"? When I read the romanian reviews I see only question marks...
I believe this is a result of some glitch during the site upgrade. The reviews would need to be edited and the broken characters replaced with correct ones.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Ok, I understand how things stand now. So when will I be able to start translating?
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 18-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can start translating reviews already, but will only be able to add them to the site when that problem is resolved.

Right now there is a number of uncertainities regarding the site's current ownership status and some related details. That will be resolved in next two weeks, and then we'll know whom to talk with about fixing this problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Ok, got it. For starters, I think I'll translate the reviews to my favourite games. Hope you resolve the owner issue. I don't want to write them and have nowhere to post them.
Old 18-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'm giving you access to the Translator forum now.

-- Reed Richards
Old 18-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Thank You. I'll start reading the romanian crew's thread and see their progress through the years.