Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Mahar Vairo
Forum hobbit

(here's the begin of my story, please forgive me if its not good. I hope it will become better as it progresses)

Introduction

Abandonia… a waypoint for worlds of fantasy. Founded by Kosta, it is a place where people seeking adventure can come and go from one world to another. Many have come and gone, but a few decided to stay and established a kingdom that would serve travelers and adventurers alike. The kingdom was split up into different factions so as to better serve the people that come seeking advice and clues pertaining to quests that they have undertaken.

Many such waypoint worlds exist in the universe (gaminverse to be more accurate), but I in particular found this one more to my liking then any other. I like that it is easy to get into worlds without much difficulty in hopping from one portal to the next. And I found that I got quite accurate descriptions of worlds that I plan to visit, not to mention that are quite a few people who are willing to help the inexperienced adventurer.

Anyway, a few were cities formed by those that found it attractive and wish to stay on and have a “merry ol’ time” as they say. The cities were made according to medieval times, for those were the days when heroes were revered and brave knights were plenty, not that people didn’t like technological advances but they preferred the traveling by horse or carriage, the discovering of natural wonders, the competition between knights and heroes in joust, archery, magic and sword fighting and …well you get the general idea. So laws were established to make certain that things never get too far out of hand. As a rule, which no one really minds, advanced technological items were left outside Abandonia in a sort of portal pocket much like a bus or airport terminal with lockers for you to put them in. If someone did manage to smuggle something in it didn’t really matter because it wouldn’t work, due to some device made of science and magic which prevents them from working, the device of which the location is hidden from all except Kosta and perhaps a few high ranking officials. It is said to be well guarded by “that which made it”, probably by something or some creature that was also made by magic and science. As for those caught bringing or displaying modern tech in Abandonia they were fined, imprisoned or exiled depending how severe the crime was. Normally people who forget they are carrying watches (normally digital) were let off as long as they keep it out of sight (I mean when last have you seen a knight with a watch?). Also if you can manage to make some modern comfort using with what’s available there you could keep it. Like making your bathroom with a few buckets, pulleys and bamboo pipes to bring in clean water and take out dirty water and … other waste products.

All these major and minor things make up what is so special about Abandonia. It has become a place of beauty and harmony. Peace, if not altogether obvious, reigns. The people aren’t in any mortal danger, so they don’t fear much of anything. The only thing that seems to disturb the peace in any way would be the occasional brawl, which serves more to blow of steam then to cause problems.

The success of this world has led Kosta to …open (for lack of a better word) …a new world, which is hoped to be better then Abandonia. AbandoniaReloaded (aka: AR or Abandonia’s sister world), even though in its infancy, is already showing great promise. I wonder whether the people of Abandonia will move here or perhaps both worlds will live in unity …Oh well, only time will tell…

But as I was saying before Abandonia is a waypoint to worlds of fantasy and adventure with happy people and where peace reigns… At least it was… for it will cease being just a waypoint and the peace will truly be disturb by the arrival of a stranger…

Coming soon: Part 1 (hopefully next week)

(Feel free to criticise)
Mahar Vairo is offline                         Send a private message to Mahar Vairo
Old 26-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

It may sound silly, but I found this genuinely funny (in a good way)
Well written and a nice tribute.

Only gripe I have is that it didn't mention me, unless you already devoted an entire chapter to me?
Old 26-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
Danny252
I have a custom title!

I am the longest running non admin or mo..
aaw crap. Im not a member anymore.. Im a mod..
Im the longest visiting mod. I think :blink:
I need to be in at least 5 chapters.
Old 26-06-2005, 10:22 PM   #4
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

not bad, at all! that's really an original tribute to abandonia, imo! i've enjoyed
reading it... k:

i'm curious, if you're going to focus on any special abandonian inhabitants, like
stroggy in the following chapters...

let's see, where your story develops to - as far as i'm concerned, i'm eager to
read more of this! nice stuff!

Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 26-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Very cool!

Am I the stranger who breaks the peace?
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 27-06-2005, 01:33 AM   #6
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

COOL!
Filally a story about US! Hopefull I get some peacekeeper role or something like a wise magician k:

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 27-06-2005, 03:07 AM   #7
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Hehe. Great read
Old 27-06-2005, 08:27 AM   #8
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Great

Maybe Reloaded could be Abandonias moon?

Smaller but just as wonderful.

Anyway, really enjoyed that!

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 01-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
Mahar Vairo
Forum hobbit

Thanks everyone.

Sorry to say I haven't written anything this week.

I noticed that you guys are patient and will wait, so I hope I will not disappoint you when I do post the next part.

I think I mentioned it somewhere else that I will be writing about a few people that I got a impression on (hopefully a the right impression). Sometimes when reading some of your posts or looking at your avatar I get a few ideas. So I apologize in advance for not including some people and for any offence that I might cause by writing about them.
Mahar Vairo is offline                         Send a private message to Mahar Vairo
Old 01-07-2005, 08:03 PM   #10
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

You just write what you want to write, I wasn't serious about you writing an entire chapter about me... a page will do just fine
Seriously, work at your own pace, all artists do.