Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-11-2005, 02:09 AM   #21
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
ill try equiping a ship with no defenses at all to see if theres any difference. the weapons have nice descriptions but i cant figure out any practical difference apart from cash and range.

U ARE RIGHT. I didnīt remember nothig about that. Or worst i didnīt remember any practical in battle difference between weapons or defence. I always got my fleet with very similar equipment and only one weapon can be fired each turn. I am sure that some of them make more or less damage and that other just kill the crew. Maybe the type of attack is related to the type of defence and the outcome of damage depens of them. k: Maybe not :not_ok:

Anyway, the battles in the game are a sort of no close to call, the favorite always wins.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #22
Austin

I've managed to get the game going but I can not get the sound to work. Can anyone help me?

Old 13-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #23

Anyone else getting an ending after putting in the *CORRECT* planet when it prompts you with planet coordinates?

Old 14-01-2006, 05:28 AM   #24
laiocfar
NOD Commander

The music... the games got music?, it got some sound but i donīt remember nothing like music.

If when asked about a planet coordinates u give it and got an ending of a fight... Well, the losing side was yours and at the end of battle u get shoted. In short, the pass was wrong and u lose
Old 19-04-2006, 02:13 AM   #25
ben

I got this game back in 1995, it came with our new-fangled pentium computer contraption with windows 95. I tried it out several times but my sudden assasination on april 1st of "96" really turned me off to it. I was looking for another old game online today (SpaceBucks), but instead i found this. I downloaded it, started playing, and, lo-and-behold, i was invaded on the first of april. I guess i just need to speed up my gameplay and try to beat it before then.

what an incredible game for its era, it has an "ahead-of-its-time" kind of feel similiar to (yet no where near the same level) as Total Annihilation, which came out only 5 years later.

i cant mention Total Annihilation without saying that it is still, hands down, the greatest strategy game I have ever played.......even after 9 years of incredible advances in technology

Old 19-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #26
laiocfar
NOD Commander

The invasion ending your rule is lead by a guy who claim to be the heir to the trone of Harmony?
Old 29-04-2006, 10:54 PM   #27
Xeelee

Hi,

I had to write it, specially because of Ben mentioning it:

Yes TA was and is the BEST in RTS, me and my friend only make LAN-Party for TA (nowday AA) k:

But to the Site-Master and other maybe with contacts to good programmers:
Why does not anybody or compnay rewrites it in Opensource or remakes it?

It would be the killer Game. Though I never could play this game trough because of its crashes

Any way I have to register to this awsome site...as good as the big one

Old 20-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #28

Hey guys.

I can anyone happens accross this thread - I have made a fansite for Maelstrom.

It's just a collection of stuff about the game, most of it taken from the maual and the game itself.

It also has an interview I did with the guy who wrote the story for the game.

Check it out at www.jawapro.com/maelstrom

I plan to get a dotcom address for it soon - but I cant work out what to get - maelstrom.com has been taken

JP

Old 26-07-2006, 12:39 AM   #29
LostTourist

cool, well layed-out fansite....dl link and advice are handy....

game looks intriguing. i discovered the master of orion series one year ago ( yes i know, for shame ) and if some of you are proclaiming this game is better i must try this out LOL.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:23 AM   #30

I have got a dotcom for my fansite now - head over to www.lordofharmony.com to take a look.