Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Here is the gallery.
What do you think?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-03-2005, 12:31 PM   #2
Strobe
Home Sweet Abandonia

cool!!

when i was young i used to build these little model kits from revell (aircrafts,
ships, cars and such) and also colored them, but coloring figures like in warhammer
seems to be a much higher league!

nice stuff, respect!
Strobe is offline                         Send a private message to Strobe
Old 16-03-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Chris
Abandonia Homie

These are really good looking models. Especially the modification you've applied to the dreadnough, Sergeant Caliban and the Devastator with Plasma Cannon are extremely well done!
And the Chicks from Hell, well... they are straight from your nightmares, right? I just found one or two faces are looking a little plastic-like , but the rest is really fantastic! :w00t:

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 16-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #4
bohor
Game Wizzard

intresting models...
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor
Old 16-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #5
TaloN
Hero Gamer

nice, i used to collect imperial guard before i sold them
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 16-03-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

I wouldnt mind, having one of these myself... :whistle:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 16-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #7
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I see I have some tips for you as well... (This is really gonna make me sound like the über painter... but... :bleh: )

All the models seem to be coated with very thick paint. This could be due to old paint, lack of shading or using too many layers.

The best way to avoid this is to use black ink. Get the details out.

You should also use water to remove the clumps that often occurs in Citadel paint. And highlight, highlight, highlight

Even though Space Marines are notorious for using one-coloured battle-suits, remember that the same colour will have different shades depending on the light.

Let me also offer you a tip regarding painting human flesh. The Citadel Flesh colours are crap, don't use them. Mix your own. I'll give you the mix-recipe when I get back home, but I remember that it included Human Flesh, Bubonic Brown, Rotting Flesh, Sunburst Yellow and some more.

Other than that you have a great eye for details. Just remember that even though YOU see the details, it is a shame if the others can't. This is where the Black Ink comes into the picture

Anyways... here is just a quick dabble in Paint with one of your models. This is the effect you would have gotten by using Black Ink. As you can see the details in the armor would be more visible.
Old 17-03-2005, 11:20 AM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The layers issue has been solved on the more recent models - most of those in the gallery has been painted very early, and then I did not repaint them but paint over. :not_ok:

Another problem is that the photos take out a lot of contrast there - but I do not own the camera either.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I hope I did not offend you, just wanted to give you some helpful advice for future models
Old 18-03-2005, 07:09 AM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You didn't ofend me at all, Tom. k:

I rarely use Black Ink, because, well, i had some pretty traumatic experience with it before.

-- Reed Richards