Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 29-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
christhecoolboy
Abandonia Computer Geek

Default Site Suggestions

While looking through the site, I have found a few Things that I think could be updated...

1.) Make a flash page showing how many games AB currently has, like a Pie Chart or a Percentage bar and how many games DOS and windows are left to add before AB is complete and a thing at the bottom showing the latest games added (e.g: last five games added), that Might take some time but would be cool

2.) Update the Oldwarez list and have an option to filter out games that are currently on Abandonia and update the list, it seems outdated...

What do you think of my suggestions?
christhecoolboy is offline                         Send a private message to christhecoolboy
Old 29-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

lol why "flash" page? and how do you want a site to be complete? it's very unlikely or impossible to collect the complete list of all the games for windows/dos

and oldwarez is borked up, i don't think anyone takes care of it now btw
Old 29-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
christhecoolboy
Abandonia Computer Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
lol why "flash" page? and how do you want a site to be complete? it's very unlikely or impossible to collect the complete list of all the games for windows/dos

How am I supposed to find what games are already on AB while I find games to request... Flash can be updated without refreshing the page...
christhecoolboy is offline                         Send a private message to christhecoolboy
Old 29-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhecoolboy View Post
How am I supposed to find what games are already on AB while I find games to request... Flash can be updated without refreshing the page...
Just search the forums to see if the game you wish to request hasn't already got a thread made for it.
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak
Old 29-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
christhecoolboy
Abandonia Computer Geek

I now have another Idea for the forums, How about if when you click someones name (e.g: Christhecoolboy) Instead of going to their AB profile, the link goes to a Forum Profile, Showing Forum Name, Posts, Picture, Join date, etc. like other forums?
Old 29-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by christhecoolboy View Post
actually, to make flash update without refreshing the page is even more complicated than make simple javascript/ajax do it

plus, it'd be useless, it's not like people had abandonia statistics page constantly opened or something

about the user profile, unfortunately we can't do much with it. abandonia is in hand of this company called `studentis` who decided to make it like that. i believe that the website user profile was meat to have way more statistics and information but it was left in mid-developed state, since studentis seems to be a company who mostly cares only for ad revenue
Old 29-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #7
christhecoolboy
Abandonia Computer Geek

Quote:

Quote:
actually, to make flash update without refreshing the page is even more complicated than make simple javascript/ajax do it

plus, it'd be useless, it's not like people had abandonia statistics page constantly opened or something

about the user profile, unfortunately we can't do much with it. abandonia is in hand of this company called `studentis` who decided to make it like that. i believe that the website user profile was meat to have way more statistics and information but it was left in mid-developed state, since studentis seems to be a company who mostly cares only for ad revenue
Ok... It is annoying sometimes not having a stat page, but... xD thats ok...
Old 29-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
1.) Make a flash page showing how many games AB currently has, like a Pie Chart or a Percentage bar and how many games DOS and windows are left to add before AB is complete and a thing at the bottom showing the latest games added (e.g: last five games added), that Might take some time but would be cool
I'd like to point out there are at least 11 500 known DOS games alone, with even more Windows games. AB has less than 1500 titles right now.
Quote:
Search function. Also, have you newbies never freaking heard of Java?
Quote:
2.) Update the Oldwarez list and have an option to filter out games that are currently on Abandonia and update the list, it seems outdated...
The list is outdated. It's glitchy, pain in the ass to update and caused more complications than benefits.
Quote:
I now have another Idea for the forums, How about if when you click someones name (e.g: Christhecoolboy) Instead of going to their AB profile, the link goes to a Forum Profile, Showing Forum Name, Posts, Picture, Join date, etc. like other forums?
Everything you named is displayed to the left the user's posts...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Also, have you newbies never freaking heard of Java?
wait, wtf? what does Java have to do with anything lol?
Old 29-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
I'd like to point out there are at least 11 500 known DOS games alone, with even more Windows games. AB has less than 1500 titles right now.
I hope to catch them all which shouldn't be too hard because all I'd need to do is to find people who are willing to do my work for me.
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak
Closed Thread