Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #181
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Fallout Tactics solo though guy guide

Mission 13:

Leave at home the Browning, a superheavy equipment - you won't need it. But bring all lighter equipment (boom-bugs etc. - unfortunately molotov coctails have no use) because this is almost the last opportunity to find them any use. Also bring rocket launcher, it can be a nice help, and using big guns being so cheap (in AP-cost) you can always shoot 1-2 to start the mayhem.
Oh, and before this mission it worth to "hire" Pump who is the only one can "give" you the best supermutant armor. Actually the Brahmin Armour was like a normal Leather Armor MK2, the basic SM-armor is like metal armor MK1 (a bit better on the lategame aspects than Brahmin, but way more heavy), and the spiked mutant armor equals metal armor MK2 (slightly less AC which doesn't really matter at this point but way higher damage tresholds). These are my stats with it (I also have Though Hide racial perk):

Ok, these might be at best around environmental armor MK1 (maybe somewhat inferior even to that), but being a supermutant still has some nice part, and if nothing else, trophy.

The bookcase at the major can not be accessed by supermutants. the mission is very straightforward, the only real danger are the minefield and the getting in to the hacienda where the 5 (6) guard at the front (3 (4)on the balcony, 2 down) can be lethal if you just run in kamikaze.

--------

Coldwater:
It always worth taking ahead, because the equipment it demands is far more expendable than what robots eat.
Bring grenades, rocket launcher, healing stuff, saw, browning - so the whole arsenal for variety. Oh, don't forget you power fist/razor claw because of the hostage sidequest.

As this is again a mostly simple mission in tactic (although the enemy definitely not joking about firepower) I give you my perks of choice:
- for this playthrough (supermutant, though guy, solo) my perks are/will be (in order of picking): steady arm, bonus ranged damage, bonus rate of fire, though hide, bonus ranged damage*2
- if this would be with a party and not though guy, I'd add bonus ranged damage instead of though hide gaining the third rank earlier, and the lvl 24 perk would be entirely optional (but still likely though hide)
- if it'd be solo but not though guy, I'd skip the bonus ranged damage perks, and instead gain Awareness, Silent Running and Loner. Also instead of Though Hide likely choose Psychotic. The order: Awareness, Silent Running, Steady Arm, Bonus Rate of Fire, Psychotic, Loner (or Loner -> Psychotic).
PS: I'm playing w/o Awareness if it wasn't clear. Not knowing the weapons or HP of the enemy adds to the challenge and fun.

EDIT: As Coldwater can turn to be more trouble than it worth, here are some tips:
- rockets and grenades are useless if hey have sandbag as cover
- rockets are very effective against groups patrolling the corridors (lvl 2-4). But don't waste all your rockets, spare at least 1!
- on lvl 3 go to the terrace and eliminate the guy standing on lvl 4's terrace. This way you will be able to sneak farther from the patrolling group on lvl 4 to see their sequence and not get shred accidentally because they at that time bumped and thus groupped right at the door (but outside your senses).
- fear the mines more than the sniper on the roof on lvl 4, but be noted that here the game just likes to make you solo character unconscious (although it usually don't kill it during that).
- when reaching the boss' hideout there are 2 guys behind sandbags. You MUST use browning against them from very far away. With all bonuses (meaning help yourself with mentat) I suggest 175% big guns here, crouch position, 33% agressive.
- stay this way when reaching the door of the powerplant, because the three guy inside the door can easily shred you.
- You can actually kill/damage a merc of the boss from outside. Unfortunately the windows don1t work, but there is an error in the graphic I think.
- from the boss' lackeys the most dangerous is actually the rocketman standing right at the door. Who was that idiot placing it there for all sake?!?He has itchi fingers, so try sneaking it from behind with browning to at least have a chance!

Last edited by twillight; 07-09-2015 at 05:47 PM.
twillight is online now                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #182
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Fallout Tactics solo though guy guide

Great Bend:

This mission gave me way more bother than it should, but at least I know the level from inside out:
- at the start just kill every robot stepping out. Watch out for the incoming melee robots (hopefully one gets fried in the electrics), and the fact one shooter is too far to die w/o getting closer. Also, the friendly guy at the arrival CAN get shot by the robots despite being behind solid wall. don't ask, but he died for me once.
- do NOT open the first gate before killing the patrolling 2-robot-squd from behind holed fence-parts. Yes, on this level this feature DO work. Use stealth to wait for them to walk into position.
- the robots are practically immun to anything except .50 cal (Browning) and explosives (forget traps, those are ... self-dangerous). I used up like 950*.50 cal, 100 frag grenades, and all remaining rockets I had. To help your case you might try shooting first from Browning, than switching to SAW IF there is only 1 robot you're facing, it is not a special robot I mention, AND it reached Almost Dead condition (still useful).
- next sneak+crawl to the sandbags next to the gate of the white, two-story building. Crouch up and kill the two robots, than climb down to the central tunnel, pass the small tunnel, and VERY CAUTIOUSLY kill the three security-bot in the white building one-by-one. You can crawl close enough to the third. They are the most f*in' dangerous thing maybe on the map with very-very high damage and perfect accuracy. So don't try to spare on the .50 cal.
- with 1 rocket go to the other building and pull out the load lifters. They are nutty on armour and have a crapload of HP, so learn how to destroy them by grenades from safe distance. You can always run back to the depressed guy's cottage, and the AI seems broken for these load lifters as they soon leave you alone and stick to some fixed pattern... Good for us. Destroy the secu-bots in the building, and sneak in defensive/passive up its stairs. Wait until the two patrolling robot you see from the window get close to each other than start shooting. With 33% agressive, because after the first shot they somehow reduce the hit chance on them by 10%... Don't ask.
- To start the jumkyard blow up with a grenade or two the barricade at the entrance, and walk from turn to turn.
- the woman-on-bed offers gamble but won't let you win and don't have anything really good, but has a good story. Well, better than the other two talking face.
- there is a dead body with loot in the central tunnel.
- the next section is some sniper-rifle robots. Kill them using the available covers.
- the next section is what I hate the most. It is a bunch of load lifters. Bring tons of grenades, and the browning in case you get stuck. Use ultra-caution because their body is unpassable, meaning youcan get blocked from advancing, and that's bad, because this way is your only chance against
- the robot with vindicator minigun in the middle section. Normally that kind should not offer any challenge, but somehow THIS particular a-hole can cut you in half if you are "close enough". Now here "close" - for reason - means half the screen. Very very bad.
- the last load-lifter can be killed by the industrial presser to spare ammo.
The exit will be at this point, not at the insertion point. I think this mission is a cancelled project which secondary objective was left as prime...
And it is helluva boring!

-----------

Mission 16:

The bugged piece of s&@#˘!
First, I long noticed I somehow gained 5 amount of weight (whatever the ingame measure is). I still have this even with empty backpack. Well, I thought minor thing, when I can carry like 300 weight...

Then went on this mission, and found out trying to melee scurry bots (those crab-things) is hopeless. You can theoretically punch one to death (while loosing a crapload of HP), but if it makes you unconscious or simply bump you from your leg YOU CAN'T STAND UP ANYMORE.
If you try to run away (supermutants are still faster than these) THAT IS AUTO KO FOR YOU. Yep, you die.

Ok, my fault, why try hard. But than at the first building where the tank-bot and the hover bots "sleep" (nice trolling, designers!) the way to dispose the tank-bot seemed to run up the stairs at the side and throw grenades. Well, at a certain try I could not throw grenades on the bot without hitting myself too. Uhm...

I was happily browning everything away (there are not THAT many robots - used ca. 500*50 cal -, and scurries if you are cautious and activate from far enough can be disposed with SAW), was about finishing the mission, when I climbed up on a ladder in the junkyard-section with my mutie for a shelves to rob. But I could not climb down. Any way.

At that point I tried everything in frustration, and accidentally opened the character-sheet. Whoa, I said in surprise, why is my AC in negative, marked red? I didn't do no drugs since two missions back!
Removing armor thinking AC isn't that big of an issue at this point it figured I also lost like 10% damage resistance from every treshold.

Infuriated I reloaded and roamed the desert for 6 FREAKIN' MONTHES, and that crap still did not go away.

So I lost all interest in this. Yes it is possible, after all I did it back when there was no gog-version and FT crashed like every second try. Just use browning, rocket launcher, and occasional grenades, do not try to kill everything (only what you must, and what gives .50 cal ammo), and that's it. I'm finished.

Last edited by twillight; 22-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.
twillight is online now                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 25-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #183
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Lightbulb How to install Baldur's gate WeiDu

Baldur's Gate is effected by Planned Obscolescence, but it STILL can be re-installed if you know how.

As I had to gather the informations from several unconnected places, here is the guide for the know-how of it all. Of course this is for those who have the original CDs, or the 4in1 DVD-pack etc, not the Enchanced Edition,Gog-version or anything which are already fixed, and likely merged the two games and their expansions in one go.

So:
#1 Have the CD/DVD/imagefile (latest in case your CD/DVD got destroyed but you preserved them in electronical format of course) of the games AND their expansions.
#2 Likely the autoruns won't work. At all.
#2a) Don't panic.
#2a I.) Insert BG2 in your drive, and start "Setu.exe". Choose full install. Change the installation's directory to anything but in the Program Files. c:\baldur2 will work.
#2a II.) Insert BG2Tobinyour drive. Start "Setup.exe". Choose full install.
NOTE: BG2 can now be played if you want.
#2a III.) Download the two extra merchants. They are in two area-files which have to be copied in the override directory.
#2a IV) Download the version 26498 patch. Install it.
#2b) Restart your computer. Wait until the boot-menu's screen disappears, and IMMEDIATELY press F8 to start the computer in Safe Mode. Might have to press F8 repeatedly. Restart computer if it started normally.
#2b I.) Insert BG1 in your drive. Start Setup.exe. Choose "custom" install, and tick each boxes. The installer will say you don't have enough space, but that's a false statement. Choose "install anyway". Set the installation directory to not be under Program Files, NEITHER the same as BG2! c:\baldur1 will work.
NOTE: if you only want to play BG1 w/o TotSC you may restart your computer and do so.
#2b II.) Insert BG1 TotSC. Start Setup.exe. Choose "custom" install. Tick each boxes.
NOTE: Likely you won't be able to launch BG1 anymore because "this program only runs under english version of windows", and I read it isn't even indifferent if it is US/UK windows (or the location-setting). Just to mess with you.
#2b III) Pull out the box of the game (let's hope you did not trash it, otherwise you're doomed or something). Find the age-rating ON THE DISC of BG1. NOT TotSC, but the pure game!
- If it says ESRB around a T than you have the US-version.
- If it says ELSPA around a number (eg.15+),than you have the UK-version.
- If the game does not have english language at all (but only german or french) than it is the international version.
#2b IV) Download the appropriate version 5512 patch and install it. On the link it is called "Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast Patches". IMPORTANT: the patch won't happen if you try to apply it outside Safe Mode!
NOTE: BG1 can be played again.
#2b V.) You may restart your computer.
#3 This is optional. If you want to add Baldur's Gate II fix-pack, do it now. I personally hate patches, especially these unofficial fan-made patches which "intend to follow the programmer's intention", but a lot of places mention it, and it has to be done in the correct order if wanted so here you go.
#4 download and install WeiDu. This merges the two games without modifying them to another game like Diablo 2's 1.07 "patch".
#5 you're allowed to uninstall BG1. Its content is now copied under BG2. So you better have enough space for this whole process (ca.10 GB free space at #1)
#6 you may install any mod you wish. Some more common mods are mentioned at Gog.com.

IMPORTANT: although created for the same intent, Weidu is NOTthe same as Trilogy! Trilogy had many criticism for messing with the games too much, not being compatible with enough mods etc. Trilogy is practically a beta compared to Weidu everyone agrees on this.

------------

INSTALLING WEIDU:
- choose language of installer
- you can choose to "read" the weidu's readme. If you choose yes, it brings up weidu's homepage, not opens some file on your computer or shows text within the installer. This step is unnecessary though.
- choose install (this installs Weidu)
- confirm BG1's directory.
- I have no idea what is "biff all new resources", but unless you have zounds of mods it says recommended yes.
- the installation starts. Took 10 minutes for me in contrast to the approximated 20-60 minutes. Press enter when the installer finished.

--------------

Playing with Weidu:
The main menu of BG2 will change so your initial choice is between BG2ToB and other.
Other offers the choice between starting a new BG1 and BG2 game. There is no option for tutorial (so you'll miss its starting exp).

Last edited by twillight; 26-09-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Old 25-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #184
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Bionic Chainsaw Pogo Gorilla walkthrough / guide

Don't mistake me, it is a B-level (flash) game. The graphic could be fine-tuned, and the controls can be messy.
What makes it good is the long-term creativity. While the game becomes substantially harder by time, and a little monotonous doing the same thing over and over, and a lot of the fun is taken away by the fact the items-to-find are not fixed (so don't go for a well-hidden giftbox, no reason to - also don't try to kill every single enemy, no reason either), the bosses and the achievement passing the longer and loner levels is something to look for.
Btw, the last regular level is actually just a big room random enemies (or sequenced?) falling in constantly, and there is a big change,as you can have multiply boosters at the same time unlike on any other level where the new upgrade/downgrade strips away the previous.

I won't go into details how to pass levels, as that is self-evident (if needed there are also arrows pointing the right direction, although the general direction to follow should be evident), I'll give some tips on the BOSSES:

I don't remember the order of them.

- platypus-boss: it is an easy enemy so to say. It farts exploding eggs at you (also hurts if touched). Those can be destroyed by hitting them. It also spits green blobs at you if you're ahead of it - I think you can run below them. The platypus also passes through garage-doors at periods. You can jump on the back of it to pass to its other side.

- Poison Ivy: some kind of half-female half-plant thingy. It shakes down fruits or digs its tentacles into the ground - the later is semi-dangerous. This boss is medium, because it has very low damage. The parts you should attack is the claws at the end of the tentacles: the bottom ones can be hit in melee, the upper ones needs ranged attack standing below them.

- moth-boss: you can only hit the boss if you first hit all the levers around. there are 4 small and 1 big switch. If all the switches are activated, then you must jump n the big switch. This makes the moth fly aside, get electrocuted, and you can hit its eyes to damage it.

- snowman boss: you don't attack the boss itself for a long time. What you should do is to use the elevators around and destroy the air-conditioners (I think that's they are, though it looks like the sceen from Johnny Mnemonic). The hardest to destroy are the ones in the top corners,and the one right at the head of the boss - if you get close to the boss you get winded away.
The boss has some different attack types, but only one you should care of (the others are too random, just tank them out). The dangerous attack can on the other hand take away 50% of your max HP or so, and is signaled by a dinosaur-roar. When you hear it asap go to the other side of the map.
This boss is hard, but the main problem is its last form. When all the air-conditioners are destroyed it transforms into an ice-demon which if you touch you're onehitted. Very problematic. Do your best - just keep hitting the bastard.

- shark boss: this is an unfair boss. First, it has some normal bouncing projectile attack - just tank it out. Second, it can transform into a megasaw - when this happens there is to possibility. If it happens at your side, jump down and stand in the bottom left corner. If it happens at the other side compared where you stand jump to a platform, else you suffer major damage. Either way when it passed jump down asap and stand in the bottom corner or suffer major damage (90% HP any time the saw hits you). The shark in any case will reappear on the left side of the map.
Now here is the first major problem: the shark loves to change sides causing two problems:
1) it has a whirl-attack. If it happens from the other side of the map then you stand, you should keep pressing the other direction, and you shall escape it unharmed when it stops. The problem is, when it happens at the side you are standing - then it is instant death. Try to last as long as you can and keep dealing damage.
2) the only thing you can damage is at the back of the shark (its cyberbrain).
When you manage to damage the shark for a good portion (like when the snowman makes the final transformation) you'll fall down (after a last unavoidable attack, what CAN be an instantdeath attack). During this phase two things rotate:
- the shark attacks from one side causing instant death if you are hit
- the shark slowly swims in releasing some projectiles which you must tank out. You should again hit the brain on its back. To move around is the tricky part here: left and right is the usual, but going "up" demands the "up" button,not the "jump" button. The up-button otherwise has no use in the entire game!

- mecha bos (final boss):

This is actually a multisection-boss. The first is a skull (can damage anywhere). It releases chickens which run around until bu,ping into you when they stop, and blow up after a second. While jumping (do melee attacks) you'll avoid most if not all the damage.
The second is a pterodactilus. You must tank out its damage. The damageable spot is the unarmoured piece of its beak. Keep jumping doing melee.
Third is a poison-section. There is some tongue flashing around - tank it out. Stand near the ~poles and keep doing ranged damage to hit multiple ones at the same time,speeding the process. There are some spider-spawn too occasionally - changing to melee when they are on you kills them before they could do any harm.
Fourth is the cow-level. First destroy the heart moving around, then the cow-head. Don't mind the bees - tank them out.
Fifth is the bear-level. Keep jumping up doing melee - things are like for the first section, only with two targets.
The 5th and final part is grrr. First it bites out half of the platforms, throws out some swordfish, then it did some instant kills which I couldn't avoid,but here is a video about the whole thing. The part you can damage is the glass pilot-dome.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #185
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking ToB is over.

brave is proud to announce ToB is passed.

Wow, it was terrible long battle!

But i do not have idea how to clacify this (these) game(s)?

BG2 as BG2 and

BG2 EE as other game?

Or ToB is add on of BG2?

What do You think, dear Capo and SS?

I started solo bard new game ToB, keeping my word.

Before 2 hours.

But i meet one very hard and bad problem:

- There are no new good games for me ahead..

Yes, no games for brave.

I see the my listing and cry.. What to play?

Mortal combat again? Doom 1?

New games are with nice graphis and stupid ideas.

Very fast and main character is as God.!?
Old 02-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #186
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
brave is proud to announce ToB is passed.

Wow, it was terrible long battle!

But i do not have idea how to clacify this (these) game(s)?

BG2 as BG2 and

BG2 EE as other game?

Or ToB is add on of BG2?

I started solo bard new game ToB, keeping my word.

Before 2 hours.

But i meet one very hard and bad problem:

- There are no new good games for me ahead..

Yes, no games for brave.

I see the my listing and cry.. What to play?

Mortal combat again? Doom 1?

New games are with nice graphis and stupid ideas.

Very fast and main character is as God.!?
BG 1 was a standalone game, and had the expansion TotSC. TotSC just added some sidequest and rised the exp-limit, but had no influence on the main story.
The second game is BG 2, which has the expansion ToB, which both had a decent addition in playtime AND heavily influenced the story, and added so many features it is nowdays considered a third installment despite not running w/o BG 2, thus making the series a "trilogy", where ToB is "BG 3".

BG EE is reloading/reenactment of the original games (the old saves are even compatible?). Basically the same, but can worth the extra credit.

--------------

I'm not familiar with all the new games either, but until you figure it out here are some decently long, and high-quality fleshy games which can take a couple of days to pass, and decently challenging:
- Sky Quest is a top-notch side-scrolling shooter, similar to Raptor on abandonia. I found most skills not-as-handy-as-could-be, but hey, it is at least not fixed at the start, and the gameplay is varying and addicting for sure.
- Epic Battle Fantasy 4 is something like the jrpgs, but man, it is fun and complex and simple enough to play. Epic Difficulty is a real challenge, but playing on normal is already satisfying and interesting (especially if you go for all the medals).
Old 02-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #187
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
BG 1 was a standalone game, and had the expansion TotSC. TotSC just added some sidequest and rised the exp-limit, but had no influence on the main story.
The second game is BG 2, which has the expansion ToB, which both had a decent addition in playtime AND heavily influenced the story, and added so many features it is nowdays considered a third installment despite not running w/o BG 2, thus making the series a "trilogy", where ToB is "BG 3".

BG EE is reloading/reenactment of the original games (the old saves are even compatible?). Basically the same, but can worth the extra credit.

--------------

I'm not familiar with all the new games either, but until you figure it out here are some decently long, and high-quality fleshy games which can take a couple of days to pass, and decently challenging:
- Sky Quest is a top-notch side-scrolling shooter, similar to Raptor on abandonia. I found most skills not-as-handy-as-could-be, but hey, it is at least not fixed at the start, and the gameplay is varying and addicting for sure.
- Epic Battle Fantasy 4 is something like the jrpgs, but man, it is fun and complex and simple enough to play. Epic Difficulty is a real challenge, but playing on normal is already satisfying and interesting (especially if you go for all the medals).

Thank You, dear twillight, thank you.
I know that i may rely on You concerning both games
BG and
Fallout.

Merci for new games offered.
Can You imagine in my despair i climb back to Samurai:vengeance
but does not like.
-to Prince of Persia 3,4,5 - same.

Now i concentrate on my Solo Bard ToB and then will try
Final Fantasy 8 recommended kindly from my friend SmilingSpectre.

grateful yoga
Old 02-12-2015, 07:57 PM   #188
Capo
Unconventional member

Have you played the gothic series Yoga ?

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 03-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #189
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Nice games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Have you played the gothic series Yoga ?

Non ancora.

Perché, amico mio?

(Still no.
Why, amigo?)

Old 03-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #190
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

Non ancora.

Perché, amico mio?

(Still no.
Why, amigo?)

It was a suggestion if you didn't catch that.
Gemplay vdu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLKoov2ZZQ
wikipedia article on the franchise: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_%28series%29