Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-04-2006, 01:42 PM   #31
McGroin

Oh gosh, I have to find my cd and havent been able to find that for a couple years now.
I believe the map came with the original full version because i never had any of the expanions. I forget the map name exatcly but i want to say its something like "quest for titan's cuirass".
Old 19-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #32
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andy@Apr 18 2006, 03:17 PM
you don't seem to have any clue about this site either. We have Heroes 1 for download cause it's abandoned, not because this is a "abandon-warez" site.
Actually I've been visiting & downloading here for years hence why I posted the thread here.

Heroes 1-4 are not abandoned, they simply belong to someone else now, & I believe I've seen talk on Celestial Heavens that Ubisoft are selling copies of Heroes 1-4 with some of their Heroes 5 packages.

Heh this most certainly IS an "abandon-warez" site (& I'll point out that I personally have no problem with this BTW).

From the Abandonia FAQ:

Q: What is Abandonware? Is it legal?
A: Wikipedia: "Abandonware is computer software which is no longer being sold or supported by its copyright holder. Alternately, the term is also used for software which is still available, but on which further support and development has been deliberately discontinued." Since the software is no longer sold or supported, the copyright holders are not directly harmed in any way. This is why abandonware sites are, for the most part, ignored by the law. The distribution of copyrighted software however is, and will allways be, illegal!

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation
Blake00 is offline                         Send a private message to Blake00
Old 20-04-2006, 11:03 AM   #33
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Someone already pre ordered the game??

And is there only 1 version or does it comes in a basic and deluxe version?? (just like they did with HOmm4 when i remember right)
Old 22-04-2006, 05:38 AM   #34
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by wormpaul@Apr 20 2006, 10:03 AM
Someone already pre ordered the game??

And is there only 1 version or does it comes in a basic and deluxe version?? (just like they did with HOmm4 when i remember right)
Yeah I've pre-ordered the super collectors edition. It reminds me of some of te DVD boxsets I've baught LOL. Cost me a lot though..

I'm not much help to you with the other options though... its all very confusing. There is a thread a mile long in the official Heroes 5 forums full of fan complaints about all the diffferent versions they're selling and the poor PR relating to them LOL.

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Emulation
Old 24-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #35
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sorry, I know this topic's a tad on the old side...

Played the Demo version just this weeked. LOVE IT. That coming from a man who never saw IV, could not stand I, wasn't a big fan of II and couldn't get used to the changes in III.
The game is awesomely well-balanced, the battles far more dynamic and challenging then those I saw in the previous parts of the series (they also require far more strategic thinking), the way heroes function is very well thought out, too.
I love the challenge the difficulty level presents, the graphics are good (IMO, they are a very good re-making of HOM&MII/III graphics style into 3-D).

Also, there was a bit of surprise in for me... you see, once you have a closer look at the whole thing, there is a number of things that feel heavily inspired by Warhammer Fantasy Battles - not that it's bad, quite good actually - and so everyone who likes the Warhammer world will quickly find themselves in Heroes V as well.

PS. Dang, now I have an urge to dust out my Heroes II and III CD's...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #36
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

They released the final version and a friend of my bought it yesterday...

Im excited to see it (hopefully) tonight k:
Old 27-05-2006, 03:56 AM   #37
Blake00
Abandonia nerd

last week was a good week for me.. I finale get my upgrade and was just about to muck around with the H5 demo when the full game arrived in the mail for me LOL (I had the collectors edition on order).

I'm not going to waffle on through all the features and be accused of promoting the game again so all I'll say is.. Heroes 5 on a 19" LCD at 1280x1024 with all the graphic settings to the max.. OH BABY!

Dam fun to play too.. ;P

Blake's Sanctum:
- Emulation
Old 28-05-2006, 12:33 AM   #38
xadais

Well, I played the game, it's cool, by that I mean the graphics, but it doesn't have that thing that heroes 1,2,3 had, especially the heroes 1, that something that made you build those cities from nothing to most powerful kingdoms(city in 5 is disappointing), then conquer the land and proclaim your supremacy.

But the worst thing is that the hero in the HOMM5 looks like god damn TANK, I want little horsy with a flag. :angry:
xadais is offline                         Send a private message to xadais
Old 28-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #39
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

Wow Heroes V :w00t:
I won't lie to you guy I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY PAWS ON THIS ONE :bleh: (ne plazim Vam se nego bi prosto polizao ovu igricu)

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 28-05-2006, 01:58 PM   #40
Dark Piedone
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Dark Piedone

The game is a piece of art... beautiful 3D landscapes and the aspect of an town... magnificent. The gameplay, well it's fine but still I preffer Heroes 3, you don't have a Wait button for your units (you must press w for that action) and some other minor incoveniences, anyway this game is an succes although dissapointed me... that's my oppinion
Dark Piedone is offline                         Send a private message to Dark Piedone