Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2004, 10:27 AM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Settlers 2 Gold

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 22-09-2004, 04:16 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire

Settlers I and II are really great building games. If you are patient enough, you can't find something better to play.

I would not even bother trying Settlers III and IV tough. They turned out to be real time games and they lost all the magic the first two games had.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:59 PM   #3

How do you build ships. I have a shipyard, but I can only build small boats. And I think I am going to need a ship to find Red on the Europe map.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Big Daddy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Nov 5 2004, 08:59 PM) [snapback]23191[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How do you build ships. I have a shipyard, but I can only build small boats. And I think I am going to need a ship to find Red on the Europe map.
[/b]
You need to click on the shipyard, then click on the BOAT box to turn it into SHIP.
this way your shipmaker will start building ships...
Enjoy

Old 14-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Redheat

Best birthday present i ever got was getting Settlers 2!

Anyway, iv got a couple of problems when it comes to playing pre-made maps!

1 = I made an excellent map took over 4 hours! ANd i find out that winter maps will not allow the forester to work! Without forester the game doesnt get far! Nor do my enemys :@:@:@:@ I tested a Greenland map, foresters worked fine Any ideas what to do? SOmeday i will re-make in greenland :~( ! All you experts would love it! :S - Anyone else have that problem with the winter maps?

2 = There you to be a nifty little program that allows you to add the anchour icon to a map, and you set it in the MISSION.RTX file or somethign where you want the harbours but i cannot find it anymore.

I know you replace one of the mission maps. It used to be explained somehwere what all the variables mean in the RTX i cannot find anything except the cheats thast only explain the Warehouse and people stock, not the BOBS, the race of the people etc (Numbers 1-9)

I have Settlers 2 Gold edition by the way.

Any help would be appriciated! Cheers

Old 18-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
Frenkieee

Maybe the solution for 1 is that you used the wrong type of land. Like with greenland, foresters can't plant trees on sand. There are lots types of snowland. On some of them you can plant trees and on some of them you can't.
Frenkieee is offline                         Send a private message to Frenkieee
Old 18-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #7

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frenkieee @ Oct 18 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]261903[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Maybe the solution for 1 is that you used the wrong type of land. Like with greenland, foresters can't plant trees on sand. There are lots types of snowland. On some of them you can plant trees and on some of them you can't.
[/b]

OMG how stupid am i! I just thought since it had a house icon on it i presume it was building and forester (the pure white snow) But then when you logically think about it, a forester cannot planet trees in pure snow! Oh well my map doesnt look as jazzy now since it has green blobes over the map, and its a big map to do it all in the greeny patch snow stuff.

Thanks Frenkieee for the advice!

Now just one question left is there a program or some knows what the .RTX file variables and names mean.
Also how can i get harbours on my maps! There is one program i found but that puts every Castle icon as a Harbour place id rather avoid that. Like i said before im sure there use to be a small program that allowed you to change a set of co-ordinates and it changes the icon to an ancour castle

More help would be appricated,

CHeers

Old 29-01-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
Question

:wallbash: the settlers 3 and 4 are rubish but i dont no how to download the settlers 2 gold

Old 05-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #9
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

There is a button to switch from small to big boats. Building ships takes a lot of wood and time so be prepared...

You might also need a dock before building ships.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #10
fleabag
Abandonia nerd

How do I expand my borders?
fleabag is offline                         Send a private message to fleabag