Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
PrincessCasey

Default I'm too spoilt for choice here!

Hello

Oh my goodness, how do I even start?

Hi there! I'm pretty new to all of this, but I have the basics down, I installed everything and know how to get around with all the commanders and stuff, even managed to launch and play Lemmings last night (so proud of myself! hehehehe)

Anyway, I've been looking around the archives of games and there's just so many of them! Some of them look really quite unique (or at least compared to modern games) such as this Ocean Trader I'm looking at now. I think some managerial games with a little depth would be a lot of fun for me!

I'm a little sick of most modern games, I find first person shooting a little dull when its the only thing available. I miss the simplicity and depth of the older games.

Now here's the problem, I don't want to go mad and download several titles because I won't know what to play, I'm the kind of person who is better off playing through something before getting the next one, but I've no idea where to start off...should I try filtering by score and going for the highest rated?
When I was younger I really enjoyed:
Lemmings
Kings Quest II and V
Al Quadim

The two games I was a little too young for:
A game called Trav, I think, megatrav? something like that. There was too much a wall of text at the beginning and my memory went, still these days journalliung sounds like fun!
Legends of Valor (I think 1/5 is a little harsh, I didn't really get it though...It was fun but I died too often and got very very very lost!

Is there anything you could recommend me based on that?

Many thanks!

Casey x
PrincessCasey is offline                         Send a private message to PrincessCasey