Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #11
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

One reason that AB gets more traffic anyway is because of the blockheads looking for free games that used to be commercial titles, sometimes we get people sticking around here, many times it's those annoying twits who somehow can't decipher what the "protected" button means.

This site is a lot older and people are just more interested in this type of selection. I play lots of freeware games, but it's pretty much fact that there aren't going to be as many people being drawn to that sort of game.
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 29-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #12
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think we should definitely have this discussion again. We haven't had this discussion enough
Old 29-01-2008, 04:22 AM   #13
Scatty
Treasure hunter

The mere fact that this discussion is brought on again and again shows that there are actually enough people who want that to happen.
I for my part don't think it would be such a great idea to bring the two forums together, though. Apart from the forum becoming too bulky and overcomplicated because of that, making two different communities clash together would be, as Horseman already said, a very bad idea. Not even talking about certain members from over there being brought in here again, which is an even worse idea...
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 29-01-2008, 05:25 AM   #14
Doink
Game freak

The reason I brought this thread up is i've usually just ignored that site complety, but now i've had a look at the older threads in the reloded forum its not bad. just need to get a small bug sorted out over there and I think i'll use it more often.

PS. also did a search for the previous threads about this similar topic (like I should have done in the first place:laugh and kinda agree they should probably be kept seperate.:amused:
Old 29-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #15
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I visit AR forums as often as I visit AB forums, and of course you're right when you're saying there is only some people talking on the forum. However, I don't see what the problem is about that. All I said is that sometimes AR forums looks busier than AB forums, not that there is more people.

AB forums are bound to be busier and more popular because we're dealing with nostalgia. AR is dealing with newer games a lot of people never heard about in the past.

Anyways, both sites are completely different in nature, merging both forums would be a mistake IMHO.
how can it be "busier" if there are less people less posting o_O
Old 29-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #16
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
The mere fact that this discussion is brought on again and again shows that there are actually enough people who want that to happen.
I must have missed quite a few threads then because as far as I remember it been a while since this question been assessed...

Quote:
how can it be "busier" if there are less people less posting o_O
Didn't happen much since the shoutbox been reimplemented, but when the site changed to the new layout there was oftentime more posts in AR than in AB.

The main difference is that 95% of the posts in AR are made by regulars, while in AB it is only a fraction of the total posts.
Old 29-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #17
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
I must have missed quite a few threads then because as far as I remember it been a while since this question been assessed....
There was a talk about it once in the former Dissident's forum if I remember correctly, also it was mentioned earlier on ShoutBox, before the new layout.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 29-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #18
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm pretty sure the reason the question has been "brought up" so many times is because one person posted it and then TONS of people came to scream "Hell no."
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 29-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #19
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Indeed, well from what I can remember, the question probably has been posted about 3 times here back before the redesign and at least a couple of times at AR. But nevertheless, seems like the consensus to keep the two seperate still has strong support.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 29-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #20
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

It's like trying to tie two strong branches of a tree together for no apearent reason, after they have grown in their seperate ways, risking in the process to break both of them off.

And just what do you see would the benefit of it be? I mean you'd just have more trouble searching through a bigger forum then through two seperate slightly smaller ones... oh, and you wouldn't have to log in twice (since that's a really big bother, right :notrust.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos