Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-12-2004, 02:07 PM   #11
TwoHedWlf

Send a message via AIM to TwoHedWlf Send a message via MSN to TwoHedWlf

Usually what I do is once I'm making a reasonable amount of money I start saving as much as possible. That way eventually I'm making so much money off interest I can drop my car prices to just a few bucks and massively undersell my competitors.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #12
Guest_Mee
Thumbs up

I've got a problem too: I have 2 type of cars: a sports car and a pick-up, but they just won't sell! I've got everything: I'm in the newspapers, i've got billborads, by my advisor stands "everbody knows your company", but they just won't sell.
I've got enough cars in stock, and they only cost 200$ :blink:.
Help me, please...

Old 07-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_Mee@Jan 7 2005, 10:28 PM
I've got a problem too: I have 2 type of cars: a sports car and a pick-up, but they just won't sell! I've got everything: I'm in the newspapers, i've got billborads, by my advisor stands "everbody knows your company", but they just won't sell.
I've got enough cars in stock, and they only cost 200$ :blink:.
Help me, please...
Well there can be a number of reasons.
1) you might have a price that's too low. Who'd wanna buy a cheap junk for just $200
2) the market may not be ready for such cars. Is there a war going on? Where are you selling your cars? Are people interested in sproting cars & pick-ups? Did you change the type of the car (at the car design menu) to sports car? If not it might apeare to be just a weird family sedan...
3) maybe the cars aren't good enough. Do you have a fast enough engine? Enough room?
4) if all else fails, stop making those cars, close down produstion lines - and hope you'll sell all of them. Just make other models instead, the ones that do sell. You can never force the market to buy something they don't wanna - but you can encourage them - if the mood is right (that's just a figure of speach - you can't see how the people feel or think, but try and find out from the newspapers, radio and TV).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 08-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #14
Guest_Mee

But, when I start a new game (in 1908), and I take the design that's standard in the game, they also won't sell. I had prices going from $1000 to $1, in steps of $100, but still nothing.
I think I'm just missing something, but I really don't know what :angry:

Old 10-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #15
zuuhis79

Maybe you have started from the wrong region. Start the game from the USA and your cars will sell quite well. At least my cars did.

Old 10-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #16
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

Start in the north eastern part of USA. Then rest of USA, than maby Europe, then Japan, ...
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 11-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #17
Guest_Mee

Indeed, they sold very good in the USA (I first started in Europe).

Old 18-01-2005, 05:19 AM   #18
Roddent

What is the use of technicians? How do I distribute them to car parts? Are they suppose to research new gears?

Old 18-01-2005, 12:47 PM   #19
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

Yes, they research a new engine, gears, car body,... It takes time, so put all of them to research one object at a time.
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 18-01-2005, 12:59 PM   #20
bohor
Game Wizzard

no, don't do that! Sure it takes a lot of time, that's why every turn you hire as much as posible technicians and put them everywhere, but don't have to put them equaly, you have to decide your priorities and put there more..
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor