Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #1
dreamer

In your installation guide you mention ( And show ) a picture of a folder in documents and settings that says "DOS" with sub folders in it, yet when i search for this folder on my PC it is none existant making it pretty much impossible to follow your guide, and since ( Not to be insulting ) following every given instruction on the dosbox webpage i'm starting to lose faith in all of this, how on earth am i missing an important folder like that, it simply isn't logical...i've tried every guide yet came up with nothing.

i am a XP user whom has service pack one...if that helps ( Sighs )

It would be grand if someone could help me resolve this issue or perhaps make ( Or refer to ) a guide in "english" to us not so fortunate at PC-dialog.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Old 19-11-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm not sure which installation guide you're referring to, so here's the best advice that my little old brain can give -

1) The DOS folder you are talking about it one that you are supposed to create yourself to hold your games etc. therefore you won't find it unless you create it.

2) Take a look at this really simplified explanaition of how to run games in DOSbox.

There are a few links to DOSbox guides on this site, if you can let me know which one you found confusing I could probably be more help. But, if all else fails - use VDSMsound! It's simple, and requires no fiddling around in a psudeo DOS-screen (that's just my personal preference anyways )

EDIT Take a look at this help topic, it should answer your question. Good luck