Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Zarkumo
Game freak

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else knows this Simpsons game. I once found it in some Spanish "amusement arcade" (uhm.. this sounds like another creation of my German-English dictionary that probably no native speaker ever uses...) as a kid and spent my entire pocket money on it in that holiday. At least that spared me the sunburn.

You could choose one of the Simpson family members who each had a different weapon (e.g. Bart had a skateboard and Marge had a vacuum cleaner I think). You then moved through different levels walking from right to left or from left to right beating up different opponents who came along. It pretty much was like Double Dragon, only with Simpsons and better. You could interact with the environment to some degree, picking up things and throwing them etc. And if you played with two players, they could interact as well, e.g. Marge could pick up Bart and throw him or they could perform some moves together.
The graphics were really nice and it was a very funny atmosphere. Me and my cousin played it all the time during that holiday and we finally reached the boss monster at the very end, who was Mr Burns, of course, but he killed us pretty quickly.

I saw a Simpson arcade game on CGA which looks a little bit like this one, but it's not the game I mean. In this game levels were mostly indoor scenarios, shopping malls, Mr Burns power plant etc.

Does anyone know this one? Is there a PC version? I doubt it as I could find a lot of Simpson games in the internet, but not this one. What a pity, it was really great at that time.

C ya
Zarkumo
Zarkumo is offline                         Send a private message to Zarkumo
Old 23-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
xoopx
Hero Gamer

you can play the arcade version in MAME

(and thats the only help i can give.. use google
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 23-03-2005, 11:18 PM   #3
Zarkumo
Game freak

O, I found it. It actually is called Simpsons Arcade Game. Here is a link about it with lots of screens and description.

Has anybody else played it back then? Did you like it as much as I did?

c ya
Z

O, and thank you for the hint, xoopx. I'll check it out. k:
Zarkumo is offline                         Send a private message to Zarkumo
Old 24-03-2005, 12:17 AM   #4
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah that was a fun game, never beat it though, always ran out of quarters, but still I spent a long time playing that game, that and WWF Wrestlefest and X-Men

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 24-03-2005, 06:15 AM   #5
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Fun game, but at the time i was more interested in street fighter
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 24-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

i've only seen this game once, and that was in the Panthers Leagues Club when my family used to go there all the time (for those of you not Australian, a Leagues Club is a large pub/poker machine/family entertainment place that sponsors the city's local Rugby League Team, Rugby League being quite big here)

Bart had a skateboard
marge had a vacuum cleaner
lisa had a skipping rope
homer had.... something

when you played with 2 people you could "double team" enemies, the one i remember is homer and marge holding each others feet and rolling around in a human circle knocking out enemies, of course this could be my vivid imagination

i'm sure this game was made during possibly the 2nd season of the simpsons, which would put it somewhere in the late 80's early 90's
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 24-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #7
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Pretty sure that Homer just used his fists.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 24-03-2005, 02:20 PM   #8
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathDude@Mar 24 2005, 03:32 PM
Pretty sure that Homer just used his fists.
...and sometimes a bowling ball.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 10-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #9
Kearnsy
Games Master

Didn't it have some kind of balloon inflating mingame after a level? :blink:
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy